P3S signal booster

Reaction score
First off I am new to this!! but was wondering what is the best signal booster I can get for my phantom 3 standard.. I have seen a few of them but I am confused on which to buy!! I would be happy with 1 mile range !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have heard the dbsmods extender is a great extender and has even set some distance records, but you will be paying about $120 for it.
I just ordered 3 antenna panels and wires to extend my rage for under $40! It has been reported the parts I ordered can extend range to almost 2 miles but I will need to see for myself, parts hopefully arriving this weekend. If you want the part list, I can get it for you.

Yea!! that would be great !! I have not done too much with these kinds of electrical components but I been a mechanic all my life and I'm sure if I had the parts I could figure it out!! And thanks for your help just didn't want to waste a lot of money and it not work well

Spending $120+my labor time to install it to increase range of P3S doesn't make sense. With the release of P4, I would just save the money to upgrade to P3A/P. My P3S can fly to 1.5 mile with stock antenna. With windsurfer, I got 2.3 mile(0.8 mile more than stock). But you have to point the antenna exactly where it is with this upgrade.

I been wondering about the windsurfer antenna it's very cheap and seems to work pretty well ! My phone is pretty slow on this app so takes me a while to read a lot of posts but one thing I forgot to mention is this is the kinda terrain I fly across so due to all the trees that's prob why my reception isn't perfect

f74a45e7e43469d2216a242e53aed21b.jpg

First off I am new to this!! but was wondering what is the best signal booster I can get for my phantom 3 standard.. I have seen a few of them but I am confused on which to buy!! I would be happy with 1 mile range !!

Sorry for the late reply, i have been busy with school finals this week.
Here is the part list from ebay that i am using if you are still interested.
Alfa 7 dBi gain RP-SMA directional panel antenna Wi-Fi APA-M04
3 x 8" Mini PCI IPX U.FL to RP-SMA Antenna RG178 Cable for DJI Phanom 3 Standard
Best 200mW TX >3KM FPV 5.8Ghz 11dBi High-Gain Panel Antenna

Thanks man for the help and sorry took me a while to write back where I live signal makes this app run so slow !! I'm going to try to order parts and build me a better antenna only other part I want to put on is the taller antenna I. The middle kinda like the kits are selling !! Have you tested your antenna yet ! Just curious how much of a gain in distance you are getting ! I found out that most of my problem wasn't distance it was that if I kept my antenna pointed directly at my drone it goes out to max distance but if I could go just a mile that would be more than enough for me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl