P3S SDK support coming

The next build of 3.1 beta (which supports the P3 standard and Inspire 1 Pro) will be released later today. Make sure you are on the beta list to get it.
Very excited to try it. I signed up on the website. Is there anything more I can do to participate in the Beta? Thanks so much.

wondering if anyone can update as apps become available for p3s through the new sdk. looks like autoflightlogic is the first through the gate, will an android option follow shortly?

wondering if anyone can update as apps become available for p3s through the new sdk. looks like autoflightlogic is the first through the gate, will an android option follow shortly?
The new SDK (3.0) was a total rewrite on DJI's side, which required quite a bit of effort to upgrade to, at least for us. We can't speak for other developers, but the process is not trivial and will take some time.

Update on the next build of our beta: we have discovered a show-stopper issue where the app will randomly stop receiving battery telemetry from the aircraft at about 4-5 minutes into a flight. DJI is currently investigating, and we don't feel comfortable releasing a beta version with this limitation.

The new SDK (3.0) was a total rewrite on DJI's side, which required quite a bit of effort to upgrade to, at least for us. We can't speak for other developers, but the process is not trivial and will take some time.

Update on the next build of our beta: we have discovered a show-stopper issue where the app will randomly stop receiving battery telemetry from the aircraft at about 4-5 minutes into a flight. DJI is currently investigating, and we don't feel comfortable releasing a beta version with this limitation.

Fair enough, it was mere days ago that the sdk was released. It is just interesting to track the progress. I won't be able to try your offering myself as I run android equipment, but if it became available for android...

DJI gave us a possible work-around which we are testing internally now. If it works, we will release it.

What is fcc mode?

fcc mode is us radio stuff ce is rest of world fcc mode gives longer range enabling fcc mode outside of us gives better range.

It seems to work, so we just released it. Let us know if you see any issues.
It works!!! Well it's dark in Las Vegas but here is a screen shot with Autopilot connected to Phantom Standard. I'm so excited to fly and check it out tomorrow. Thanks autoflightlogic for all the hard work, super fast too!!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453000135.859060.jpg

It works!!! Well it's dark in Las Vegas but here is a screen shot with Autopilot connected to Phantom Standard. I'm so excited to fly and check it out tomorrow. Thanks autoflightlogic for all the hard work, super fast too!! View attachment 40820
So did you already have the app and then try it with your standard or did you download a special beta for it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Grumpy Raven , last week I bought the app not realizing it did not support P3S. I contacted autopilot regarding support in the future and that's when the guys there notified me that they would be releasing an beta update soon.

Grumpy Raven , last week I bought the app not realizing it did not support P3S. I contacted autopilot regarding support in the future and that's when the guys there notified me that they would be releasing an beta update soon.

Thanks for your reply LanaRain, so you didn't have to update the app then? It just started working with your P3S where it hadn't before?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I successfully flew my P3S with the Autopilot App! It worked great. I made a flight plan last night sitting in my room and saved it, this morning I literally loaded it back up and hit engage sequence. The Phantom then took off and flew the route perfect without even touching the remote again. Fascinating!! Thanks Autoflightlogic!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453076677.220746.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub