P3S sd card

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having a couple of problems with my sd card, recently I bought a Phantom 3 Standard, it came with an 8gb Scandisk SD card that works just fine, but since I am filming in 2.7K it records about 23 min untill it´s full.
I figured to buy a bigger Sd card so I bought a Kingstone 32gb Class 10, U1 one, but everytime I try to use it, it says invalid Sd Card.
Do I have to mind any other specs in the Sd card?
I believe 10MB/seg transfer data speed, and 45MB/seg reading speed. Do I need a faster transfer data speed?

Reactions: dirkclod
A class 10 should be OK.
Do you know it's genuine, and have you formatted it in camera via DJI Go?
I doubted about it´s genuinity as well so I bought a second one and keeps appearing the same error; as the sd card it is not valid, the Phantom does not read it so I can´t formate it via DJI go

I was having the same problem. I had a class 10 but when I ran a test (free software available on line for both Windows and Macs) it would come back as 5m/s max. When loaded into my Phantom it would take forever to format and there was a noticable lag in both reading and writing to the card. This was a cheep 64gb eBay card I had purchased. To make a long store short I purchased a new SD card from my local computer store, a 64gb card with a 45m/s read and 45m/s writing. All problems solved.

I was having the same problem. I had a class 10 but when I ran a test (free software available on line for both Windows and Macs) it would come back as 5m/s max. When loaded into my Phantom it would take forever to format and there was a noticable lag in both reading and writing to the card. This was a cheep 64gb eBay card I had purchased. To make a long store short I purchased a new SD card from my local computer store, a 64gb card with a 45m/s read and 45m/s writing. All problems solved.
I am afraid I may have to do the same, thank you!

Welcome to the forum Ralaverdec .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I have been buying the 16GB cards four or five to a pack with an SD adapter...got several brands, several different
speeds...they all seem to work fine and at 1080p get 35+ minutes. Amazon/Ebay you'll pay about $4-5 card.
Never tried a 32GB in my P3P, but just bought one to test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31