P3S + sandisk extreme pro or sandisk extreme plus 64 GB Micro SDXC?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Standard and with the included sandisk ultra micro ssd card, taking bracketed (3) jpg + dng takes about 12-15 seconds to complete a photo. I'd like to take 5-step bracked photos, but it already feels like an eternity waiting for 3 to save. Therefore I'm wanting to get a faster micro ssd card in hopes of speeding up bracketed still photo taking.

I've read a number of threads, but see some conflicting information maybe due to different firmwares or card variations?

Is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB micro SSD compatible with a phantom 3 standard drone camera?

Should I get an Extreme Pro or an Extreme Plus sandisk card?

(I hope to get a P4+ when I can afford it, so I'd like a card that will speed up stills in my P3S but also be forward compatible with my next drone.)

I'm not sure about that one, but I'm using a "Samsung Evo 64gb" that I got at Walmart and it's working perfectly.

Thanks for the reply.

My thinking for getting the fastest card I can get is that it might be useful laster in the P4 Pro if I can get one by the summer.

On the other hand, I've read a couple threads that the Sandisk Extreme Pro (90MB/s write speed) did work fine in a P3S, and a couple that it didn't work in a P3S or didn't work after a while. (?)

Also I wasn't sure what the fastest speed the P3S would record bracketed dng+jpg to a micro sd card but it would be worth $20 extra to make that as fast as possible for me as I'm not good at waiting for it to finish the still.

SanDisk seems to be the way to go based on posts I've seen, that is what ships/ed with P3S (Ultra 8GB). I went with the SanDisk Ultra Plus 64GB on my upgrade, I think as long as it is 40 mbs or better is the threshold. The manual just states --- Micro SD, Max Capacity 64GB, Class 6 or higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan