p3s - rth vs smart rth

Seriously - you do not want to know what goes into the fuels you buy !!

Nigel

Also smart enough to know there is very little if anything I can do about it...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Very true - because even changing brand will not get what you are after !! WE have ways to make it look and smell different !!

Nigel

Now im more confused than before:confused:! Any recommendations on a good glue, perfect alcohic beverage, and a supplyer of them left handed cigarettes so i become one with my phantom !? Oh......and which fuel blend will give me the best wifi range? :yum:

Now im more confused than before:confused:! Any recommendations on a good glue, perfect alcohic beverage, and a supplyer of them left handed cigarettes so i become one with my phantom !? Oh......and which fuel blend will give me the best wifi range? :yum:

Given the way the world is heading ... will it matter ??

Nigel

@nwcove, I blame you, Wow it got even busier while I was asleep, I don't no if that word is correct, but spell check didn't flag it.

Nigel, I don't know if you remember this, I think I will contact manual, to wright us new manuel.

Rod

@nwcove, I blame you, Wow it got even busier while I was asleep, I don't no if that word is correct, but spell check didn't flag it.

Nigel, I don't know if you remember this, I think I will contact manual, to wright us new manuel.

Rod

Remember ?? Forgive me - I'm getting old ??

Nigel

Loss of signal = RTH... Tracking battery level to try to ensure there is enough capacity to return home = Smart RTH

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Soo...

Loss of Signal = RTH. Tracking battery level to try to ensure there is enough capacity to return home = Smart RTH

Soo...

Loss of Signal = RTH. Tracking battery level to try to ensure there is enough capacity to return home = Smart RTH

No...

Smart RTH = User initiated with S2
51e1a6441041c0ea02eaf86a680a48b1.jpg

Low Battery RTH = As described, when the battery is low
70d164392fdc750e1a9a320710679a7c.jpg

Failsafe RTH = Lost signal
6d8037606c5a60cceaeb0953fcc1cf69.jpg

Hope that helps.

Reactions: gvsukids

Rod
lol.....im still confused, but im gunna go with smart rth is in the ufo realm......it exists, but not yet fully understood. :eek:

RTH = when signal is lost, drone will automatically fly back to home point

Smart RTH = when battery is low the smart feature judges when to automatically fly drone back based on the distance it went. (It see's how much battery is used when flying out, then calculates how much it needs to come back, it then triggers SMART RTH to make sure drone comes back)

Thats what I believe it is anyway from what I learnt so far [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: JohnnyB
RTH = when signal is lost, drone will automatically fly back to home point

Smart RTH = when battery is low the smart feature judges when to automatically fly drone back based on the distance it went. (It see's how much battery is used when flying out, then calculates how much it needs to come back, it then triggers SMART RTH to make sure drone comes back)

Thats what I believe it is anyway from what I learnt so far [emoji4]

Neon Euc

No... that's exactly what it SHOULD be, but it's not! See manual pages above… Smart RTH is when you flick the switch to make it come back manually…

It's the terminology that makes it confusing. SMART should be when it's doing all the thinking itself. Instead, by definition in the manual, "Smart" is when YOU do the thinking and force it home by toggling S2.

What happens when you turn off smart RTH in the app? I will save you the suspense.

The machine will fly all over right until it autolands because the battery is toast. No RTH....

That my friend tells me that Smart RTH is exactly as I have described it.

The fact that the manual states otherwise is irrelevant.

Last edited:
By the way, there are a bunch of areas where there is conflicting information that goes against the operation of the drone. There's also are a bunch of areas where the details provided or lack thereof are inconclusive.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwmcgrath
What happens when you turn off smart RTH in the app?

The app has nothing to do with Smart RTH. You can shut off the app, shut off the device and chuck it in the lake, and all you have to do is toggle the S2 switch on the remote to make the bird return to home.

I'm guessing that's why they called that particular RTH the "smart" one.

There are those on this forum that will tell you the manual is the bible.

The fact that you, sometimes me, think otherwise is EXACTLY why I continue to say there is still a lot of confusion.

By the way, there are a bunch of areas where there is conflicting information that goes against the operation of the drone. There's also are a bunch of areas where the details provided or lack thereof are inconclusive.

This is agree with, especially when you factor in the DJI training videos that are also conflicting.

What happens when you turn off smart RTH in the app? I will save you the suspense.

The machine will fly all over right until it autolands because the battery is toast. No RTH....

That my friend tells me that Smart RTH is exactly as I have described it.

Has your friend been following this thread?
Let him read it, and post his own reply.

We all, are really trying to figure out this confusion, arguing and ignoring other peoples views is waist.
The goal is we and I'm including you, don't want to F**K-Up(Crash or loose your Phantom).
You got a P3S, do some testing.

At this point, I'm trusting @msinger post, If I can prove it wrong, I will post it.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik