P3S Recording File Format

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone here happened to know if there is any appreciable difference between recording video in .MOV vs. .mp4 format. Is either better suited to certain enviroments? Is one better than the other in terms of recording bandwidth/quality?

Which format do you guys prefer to record video in?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

It depends on the format you prefer to edit in, Mac or Windows. If Mac, go with the .MOV, if Windows, go with the standard .MP4.

Read the details here - Difference Between MOV and MP4

Reactions: AngryBird
Both use the same codec (same identical quality) but use different wrappers. While .mp4 might be more compatible across platforms, .mov depends on QuickTime or QT compatible players. So you choose depending on where you are going to use your footage. In many cases, both will play fine. But again, there is no difference in picture quality as they are the same h.264 codec.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My MOV files play good in QuickTime but cannot use iMovie to edit them. How can I get
them into iMovie?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik