P3s range in Uk

A great many factors will affect the range you'll get: atmospherics, terrain, altitude, trees, buildings etc, and particularly radio interference, however I regularly get between 2000 and 2500 feet in the UK (in 'CE mode') in a moderately wifi congested area. In a highly built up area with wifi & mobile phone overload, you'll get less, but in a more remote area with minimal wifi interference, 3000 feet or more is possible. I'm very happy with my Phantom 3 Standard - at its current price it's a real bargain, and when coupled with the Litchi app, it's phenomenal.
Wow that range is a lot. Do you ever get bugs or loss of signal very quickly after take off?

I'm in the UK too. With a windsurfer I'm at about 4-500m range before video drops.

I think adding DBS is the best option. I've read around this a LOT and that's my conclusion.
All the best!

I'm in the UK and took my standard out yesterday to try the range as I'd been having a few issues,I managed to go 2070 feet (630 meters) out at a height of 100 feet (30 meters) before I bottled it and turned it around.i had no loss of signal for image or control of the drone and this was without any upgrades or windsurfer.

Strange thing is it would seem my previous problems with getting a short range was due to me using a windsurfer as it seems to fly a good distance now with it removed.

I'm in the UK and took my standard out yesterday to try the range as I'd been having a few issues,I managed to go 2070 feet (630 meters) out at a height of 100 feet (30 meters) before I bottled it and turned it around.i had no loss of signal for image or control of the drone and this was without any upgrades or windsurfer.

Strange thing is it would seem my previous problems with getting a short range was due to me using a windsurfer as it seems to fly a good distance now with it removed.
Yes there does seem a high level of inconsistency with the range of the P3s. Do you think the P3a is worth the extra £200? Or perhaps the bebop 2 with skycontroller for an extra £80?

Yes there does seem a high level of inconsistency with the range of the P3s. Do you think the P3a is worth the extra £200? Or perhaps the bebop 2 with skycontroller for an extra £80?

Personally I wouldn't go for the bebop.

As for the PSA,it all depends on how far you want to fly,for me the distance I'm now getting is more than enough as most things I want to film are never that far away,and if I want to film something that's 3 miles away then I will just drive 3 miles closer to it lol.If a longer range is something you are looking for then yes the advance model would be better suited.

One thing I will say is that whatever you do,DO NOT UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE,leave it how it comes out the box as many people have range issues since updating to the latest version.I personally have left mine on the last version and will not be doing any update.

Personally I wouldn't go for the bebop.

As for the PSA,it all depends on how far you want to fly,for me the distance I'm now getting is more than enough as most things I want to film are never that far away,and if I want to film something that's 3 miles away then I will just drive 3 miles closer to it lol.If a longer range is something you are looking for then yes the advance model would be better suited.

One thing I will say is that whatever you do,DO NOT UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE,leave it how it comes out the box as many people have range issues since updating to the latest version.I personally have left mine on the last version and will not be doing any update.
Ah that is probably why your range is soo good. I also heard that not updating the drone could lead to fly always or bugs that were ironed out with the updates. Does not updating the drone risk its safety or not really?

Ah that is probably why your range is soo good. I also heard that not updating the drone could lead to fly always or bugs that were ironed out with the updates. Does not updating the drone risk its safety or not really?

Well I'm on the last version which is what most people are trying to downgrade to.Ive heard of more people having issues with updating than not updating so I can see it being a risk.As they say,if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Well I'm on the last version which is what most people are trying to downgrade to.Ive heard of more people having issues with updating than not updating so I can see it being a risk.As they say,if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
Yes that is a good saying lol. I have found the P3s at £400 on Slr hut, do you know if Slr hut is any good or do you know places I could get the P3s cheaper?

Yes that is a good saying lol. I have found the P3s at £400 on Slr hut, do you know if Slr hut is any good or do you know places I could get the P3s cheaper?

I've personally never purchased from them so I would stick to the likes of Amazon as to be fair their customer service is amazing.That said £50 is a fair amount to save so some research on Slr hut might be worth it.

Reactions: DjiGoten
I've personally never purchased from them so I would stick to the likes of Amazon as to be fair their customer service is amazing.That said £50 is a fair amount to save so some research on Slr hut might be worth it.
I will take a look at some reviews. Thanks soo much for you time and information.

The latest firmware is fine, I had 5000+ ft (1500meters) using it in a wide open space. In congested areas (but still 50m away from houses) the range is sometimes only 100ft but that's fine as it gets too close to homes anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The latest firmware is fine, I had 5000+ ft (1500meters) using it in a wide open space. In congested areas (but still 50m away from houses) the range is sometimes only 100ft but that's fine as it gets too close to homes anyway.

What without any mods ?

What without any mods ?

No mods at all. I'm a firm believer in if you are getting poor range it's because you are in an area that deserves it. If there is wifi in the area affecting flight then you are too close to homes.

642fb66930a7a87e88e171beb8ab697a.jpg

Wow that's a really good range.

Have you noticed any advantages of doing the latest firmware update ?

I've heard too many horror stories about it and also the update failing half way through and then causing all sorts of problems.Plus the last time I done an update it took away the YouTube live stream feature for android devices,which is shocking that dji have done that on the quiet and have left it in place for iOS devices,I think they done it because they are now in bed with Apple and now Apple have an exclusive feature that android has lost.

I would agree about the Apple/Android suggestion, however I bought an ipad2 (wifi only) to use purely on my drone so it doesn't worry me as I can't use it unless I put my 6s in its place.

With regards to firmware I complete it as soon as it's available. I find it hard to understand how it works for some or not others or that people have issues in updating their device. For my simplistic mind, it's simply people updating it incorrectly. I've never had a moments trouble from my 3s

I would agree about the Apple/Android suggestion, however I bought an ipad2 (wifi only) to use purely on my drone so it doesn't worry me as I can't use it unless I put my 6s in its place.

With regards to firmware I complete it as soon as it's available. I find it hard to understand how it works for some or not others or that people have issues in updating their device. For my simplistic mind, it's simply people updating it incorrectly. I've never had a moments trouble from my 3s

My understanding about the latest update is that if there is any break in the communication between the drone,controller and mobile device whilst the update is being performed,the drone will freak out and the update will not always carry on as it should,to the point some have locked up completely and have had to be returned.

For some reason DJI didn't make it easy for the update to continue if there is a break in communication,as most devices will just carry on when the connection is re established.Im guessing this could also be the cause of issues people are having as not all the update information is being passed to the drone and then causing issues when flying.

Just like you I have had no problems doing previous updates but like I said I lost a feature with the last one and it flys fine now so I don't see the advantage of taking the gamble.If I do update again it will be when there is one with new added features or noticeable improvements and one that doesn't have a risk of locking up when updating.

Wow that range is a lot. Do you ever get bugs or loss of signal very quickly after take off?
No, not at all. Even in London with total wifi & mobile phone overload, I still get 500 to 600 feet before any glitches. Out in the country, it's consistently considerably better. My Standard is quite an old one, I bought it as soon as they came out, it's on the latest firmware and I have had no problems (so far) at all with it.
If you want greater range, try the Waypoints in Litchi - you can go as far as your battery will allow you, which can be a number of miles. The Standard is better than the Advanced or Pro for this, because it is lighter and so has greater endurance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers