P3S Possible motor or esc damage. Please help

Reaction score
So yeah I had crashed my drone into a tree. And damaged all gimble wires. So I replaced all the wires running to the gimble . Then I took off the prop guards and damaged my motors cause the screw were to long. So when i turned on the motors they were acting all retarded. So i went and baught mn2214 tmotors and i hooked those up. So to make a long story longer, i turn on the remote i connect my phone i turn on my p3s and i go to the app. I tap the bar up top to check system says everythings good to go lol. So i motion to start the engine and on the app it says im in flight, but the motors are doing nothing lol. And when i use the throttle sticks it moves the camera instead of doing anything to the motors. It says im in flight mode 2. My front lights are a solid red & my back ones are flashing yellow. Im confused but i believe its the esc although under the status on the app it says the the esc is normal. Any help would be appreciated. Thatks a bunch.

Last edited:
So yeah I had crashed my drone into a tree. And damaged all gimble wires. So I replaced all the wires running to the gimble . Then I took off the prop guards and damaged my motors cause the screw were to long. So when i turned on the motors they were acting all retarded. So i went and baught mn2214 tmotors and i hooked those up. So to make a long story longer, i turn on the remote i connect my phone i turn on my p3s and i go to the app. I tap the bar up top to check system says everythings good to go lol. So i motion to start the engine and on the app it says im in flight, but the motors are doing nothing lol. And when i use the throttle sticks it moves the camera instead of doing anything to the motors. It says im in flight mode 2. My front lights are a solid red & my back ones are flashing yellow. Im confused but i believe its the esc although under the status on the app it says the the esc is normal. Any help would be appreciated. Thatks a bunch.
1491438760683-1231599957.jpg
I just had another look but uncle Google gave me this again,,,,,can the motor wires go only one way

Mn2214? That's not the correct motor. Should be 2312 or 2312a depending on what version flight board you have.

Yes, you do have to solder the leads to the correct place. The silkscreen on the board indicates what color wire on the motor goes to which solder pad, assuming you bought and installed a 2312/2312a

Until you start the motors, the sticks aren't going to do much. Bank and yaw will move the camera a bit as it anticipates what the AC would do to keep the image sable if it were flying.
Taking a different approach and assuming you do have stick issues, will auto takeoff from the app do anything?
What made you replace the motors with the ones you ended up getting?
Assuming you need motors and you still have the originals, a 2312 has a pyramid like top. A 2312a has a flat top

Until you start the motors, the sticks aren't going to do much. Bank and yaw will move the camera a bit as it anticipates what the AC would do to keep the image sable if it were flying.
Taking a different approach and assuming you do have stick issues, will auto takeoff from the app do anything?
Assuming you need motors and you still have the originals, a 2312 has a pyramid like top. A 2312a has a flat top
I took off the prop guards and put the screws back in not knowing that they would be to long and damage the motors. And thats exactly what happened. I think i may have damaged esc while fumbling around with motors ;)

I took off the prop guards and put the screws back in not knowing that they would be to long and damage the motors. And thats exactly what happened. I think i may have damaged esc while fumbling around with motors ;)
And my motors are flat on top so i must need the 2312a motors which are cheaper that i would love to trade for these tmotors of corse if possible lmfao

And what you where saying about the camera moving to compensate makes absolute sense so theres no issue there my friend.

Naa auto take off does nothing, but the app is definitely saying im in flight lol but the drone is doing nothing other then moving the gimble of course lol

Retail the 2312 and 2312a are the same price but you may find deals with either one. You can't even swap between these two so putting in something completely different was really a bad idea.
But try a set of motors and if that doesn't work then get a replacement flight board.
You're getting to the point you can get a refurb for what you have and may be spending.

Retail the 2312 and 2312a are the same price but you may find deals with either one. You can't even swap between these two so putting in something completely different was really a bad idea.
But try a set of motors and if that doesn't work then get a replacement flight board.
You're getting to the point you can get a refurb for what you have and may be spending.
Yeah i think im gonna spend the 125 and get main board with 4 leds and 4 motors i saw it on ebay. Must be a company cause he has a bunch of them them ill just hold this board and stuff as parts or whatever

That would equate the board to be about $50. Not a bad deal.
You can get a refurb for around $375 though. Even found a used like new "starter" on Amazon for $199.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic