P3S night pictures come out orange compared to friends P3A

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here. My friends P3A takes superb long exposure pictures of my town, yet when i try to take them using the same settings at the same time as him, the lights come out orange compared to his bright white. I am using Litchi and he is using DJI go. I will download and try the GO app tonight, but its very annoying seing his amazing pictures compared to mine.

Any ideas?

Hey Hornet, this is not a solution, but may point you in the right direction. It sounds like the 'White Balance' setting. I have the 3A and do not know a lot about the 3S, but plenty of the people here have the S and should know. I'd bet the 3A allows you to adjust the white balance and the 3S does not. It will not be anything to do with actual quality of the sensor as far as I know.

You do have your front red LED'S turned off when taking night shots, correct?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Was gonna ask the same question.. I have a p3a and If I were to leave my front (red) leds on during any type of night time footage I would get an orange glaze over my footage, video or picture.

Make sure front led is off, settings -advanced settings - front led- off.

Try it again and get back to us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your white balance settings.
Exactly. The front LEDs will taint your picture a bit if you are looking off at the horizon, and few people want to try to photograph stars with their drone. For night shots you are usually looking down. I can make my night shots all orange by leaving it on Auto or make the incandescents more white with WB. But I have taken pictures looking down or almost down, like flying over Christmas lights, or a city.

Last edited:
I hate to spout off like a know it all, so I went back and looked at some of my night pictures, and I do have one where you can see the LEDs It is number 68 of the fireworks, and you can see a red glow in the top corners.
DJI_0068.JPG
DJI_0030.JPG
DJI_11.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen