P3S Night Photos

Reaction score
Hi,
So I tried my p3s last night for the first time in the dark,
I am wondering if there's any tips I need to take good night pictures and video,
I just tried pics last night and left everything on auto,
I've seen great photos on here of night shots and they're really good and sharp,
Is there any special settings I need to adhere to ?
This is a photo I taken on fully auto,
Thanks for any advice as I want to start using phantom now the nights are getting dark early

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Hi,
I am wondering if there's any tips I need to take good night pictures and video,
I've seen great photos on here of night shots and they're really good and sharp,
Thanks for any advice as I want to start using phantom now the nights are getting dark early
724960877a537a0d38a9c59fec9fb032.jpg

Don't know about where you live, but in Australia it is illegal to fly at night. CASA our aviation body can fine us up to $110,000 or lock us up for 6 months for repeat offenders.
By the way that is a really nice image, great lighting.

Yeah I'm in the uk and not aware that it's illegal to fly at night
I've seen plenty do it
But I do stand corrected

Hi,

What happened to the pic?

Wow, just took this tonight. Set on auto, but on vivid, and HDR
2f870d2cc900de862a2f2abb7669f582.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Care to share some of those tips?

pre-shot :
i pick manual mode from the camera menu and set iso to average low (100 - 400). and shutter speed at 3-5 seconds.
since this is lowspeed exposure, make sure that there is no strong wind that might drag your drone unsteady. we know that in P-GPS mode it will stay on the last point it stop, but strong wind will force it to adjust its position back and forth so many times, and this makes your lowspeed photograph become blury.
as aditional settinig, i prefer to pick RAW format since it's a lossless format it gonna be easier to be enhanced on photoshop.
after everything ready, press the photo button and wait until exposure completed acording to the speed you have choosen.

post-shot :
i open it in photoshop CS6 which has RAW format capabilitiy. and then adjust the exposure, contrast, saturation etc as desired.

pre-shot :
i pick manual mode from the camera menu and set iso to average low (100 - 400). and shutter speed at 3-5 seconds.
since this is lowspeed exposure, make sure that there is no strong wind that might drag your drone unsteady. we know that in P-GPS mode it will stay on the last point it stop, but strong wind will force it to adjust its position back and forth so many times, and this makes your lowspeed photograph become blury.
as aditional settinig, i prefer to pick RAW format since it's a lossless format it gonna be easier to be enhanced on photoshop.
after everything ready, press the photo button and wait until exposure completed acording to the speed you have choosen.

post-shot :
i open it in photoshop CS6 which has RAW format capabilitiy. and then adjust the exposure, contrast, saturation etc as desired.
I will add a further suggestion here. Shoot multiple frames so you can stack, align and perform a median blend in photoshop. It will significantly reduce noise in your final image. Exposing to the right of the histogram will greatly improve your shadow areas also.

I will add a further suggestion here. Shoot multiple frames so you can stack, align and perform a median blend in photoshop. It will significantly reduce noise in your final image. Exposing to the right of the histogram will greatly improve your shadow areas also.
Offcourse, thats how HDR photos made. . . [emoji4]

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't know about where you live, but in Australia it is illegal to fly at night. CASA our aviation body can fine us up to $110,000 or lock us up for 6 months for repeat offenders.
By the way that is a really nice image, great lighting.
Why so strict?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl