P3S, need some advice with the recent price drop

That's where you use one of the aftermarket apps (AutoPilot, Litchi, Ultimate Flight, etc.) to program your Phantom for autonomous flights. All of the P3s (& even the P2s but will less sophistication) can be used for this purpose. Having a Standard on hand for the riskier of such missions is something I am seriously considering.

What is a ground station mission?

You're in luck (kinda). You can get the P3A for $749 from Jet.com - using their 15NOW coupon code for first time buyers (max $50 savings). They ship really fast, and are like Amazon. My first purchase from Jet I was able to get two batteries for ~ $106 each. They seem to be out of stock on the P3S.

Link: Jet.com
I have to see what the tax rate is first.

They only charge tax if you live in New Jersey, and I believe New York.
Interesting. I'll see if my fiancé will let me get it. If not, I might just go with the P3S package. I assume I can do the follow me feature on both with a gps equipped device correct?

I got one and range is no issue also think about how the faa says line of sight in the next year I bet it will be a issue that could end in fines
Isn't the wording in the guidelines "should" keep line of sight. Not "shall". I'm sure someone will get clipped in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

She gave me the okay! Looks like I'll try to order the P3A shortly from jet! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Reactions: RadRich
That's where you use one of the aftermarket apps (AutoPilot, Litchi, Ultimate Flight, etc.) to program your Phantom for autonomous flights. All of the P3s (& even the P2s but will less sophistication) can be used for this purpose. Having a Standard on hand for the riskier of such missions is something I am seriously considering.

Ditrybird, if you end up getting a P3S for backup, just wanted to let you know the aftermarket apps dont work with the P3S. Supposedly its because DJI hasnt released SDK for the P3S so developers havent been able to integrate P3S compatibility for these apps.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
What else do I need to order for this bird? Not yet ordered but planned are carbon fiber props, SD card (well, replacing one I have and using my old card in the P3A), two more batteries (hopefully my fiance will give me one for an anniversary present), and a case (any recommendations)?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4