P3s lost total control

I'm far from an expert - but it says you took off with 68% battery, and the wind was over 25 MPH, gusting over 30 MPH? That sounds like a couple of things that could have not played into your favor. Then you flew it again, after this crash? Lots of signal losses, and changing from GPS to atti. I would keep that thing on the ground, until you found out how much damage has been done.

Reactions: jointeffort
Looking at the logs a few things stand out....Flying directly overhead you're going to experience some signal loss. Also, I'd bet that you're getting decent interference flying in that location. 25-32MPH winds dont help either.

Reactions: jointeffort
Wow, did your first P3S get messed up the same way?
Your last 2 logs are telling me to send it for repair or fly it in the desert (where you can't damage other peoples property). If you post some logs before the crash, they may show some clues of a problem.

I could see holding down the left stick to power it off would not work while it is trying to fly and or trying to RTH. Turning off the remote would not do any good also, probably make it worse.

Powering off the battery should work, I have done it. You should try it in safe way maybe without props or somebody has the remote and your hanging on to the Phantom. Props above your head both hands on the landing gear and using your thumb. That's is the hardest finger to loose because of size. ;)

Good call on busting the props in that very scary situation, you showed that you were willing to destroy your own property for safety. :)

Here are sum prior good flights from the same takeoff location.. I don't recall it being extremely windy or gusty. I definitely no I'm flying in a WiFi congested area. I'm gona check the weather from that night.... Anyways i think I may of found the problem I'm 90% sure I found the cause .. I'm going to test it too see if I'm right . butt first I need to figure a way how to tether it saftly and not to bust up my camera or gimbal with another crash .. Because any other part of the p3s is easily repairable or replaceable. butt the upper part of the gimbal has the 2.4 wifi brains inside and it is the only impossible to locate or purchase without buying a hole new camera.. For 450$ so may as well just get a new one for 500. Learned that from expierence .. Id like to encase the hole gimbal into one solid piece sum how . It's very very fragile (FYI) . butt i have have modified all 4 bird side antennas .one to each leg . I wanted to make them accessible so I can easily swapem out and test and tune them as I build new ones. But the one on the same leg as the compass may be just close enough to cause interference with each other and causes loss of control .. I'll post the results tommorow . I can't replicate it on the ground yet.. Butt I really think its the problem. 1. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters. 2. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Confused,
This post started on Saturday.
The first 2 HD links are, Saturday and Monday. Saturday has no value, Monday would be incorrect.
The second 2 HD links are on Monday but have so many notifications I was hoping to see something prior.
The third 2 HD links are on Monday and Tuesday. Those are past not prior.
The wind concern is in your data that Health Drones calculates.

I just wanted too shut it down asap cuzz I wasn't sure if I hit the guy or his kid holding the bird .. And when I tried to pull the battery it got me good across the knuckles it was going full throttle still ..I was ready to choke the freaking thing.. So I jammed it into the fence to kill it ..It was like watching my money burn for a second time.. It's my second p3s.. Butt I gut a third up and running from the parts of 1 & 2.. Ya ya I no. If I only got the advanced the first time
Well, since the P3S hasn't been out that long, and you're already on your third one, I'd say you've saved money...so to speak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair