P3S Loose video feed after 30M

Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently got my P3S. I was a bit disappointed when i took it out of the box, charged everything up etc. and then took it for a flight. I only got 30 metres of live feed. After that it said "No Signal".

I am fully able to control the quad, just not able to see the live feed. My Flight data also looks kind of dodgy. I added the Flight data as a screen shot.

Screenshot_20160817-225724.png

Thanks in advanced!

DJI Go App version: 2.8.3 (402)
Device type: Sony Xperia Z5
Device OS: 6.0.1

It appears you're only flying straight up into the air? Is that correct?

What kind of distance do you see when not flying directly overhead?

Wow same problem here with my phantom 3 standard. I actually returned it for an exchange as i think it may be faulty. I did install old firmware a few times and one of them did make a difference but still way to short of what it should be reaching. I got about 90 metres on one old firmware but I tried a few others and it wouldn't load so I didn't want to brick the drone. Would love to keep in contact with this thread. I live in bromley just down the road from Lewisham in London so I don't know if it's all to do with the reception. But if I'm flying straight up as high as I can go then surely it should be ok for the signal...

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow same problem here with my phantom 3 standard. I actually returned it for an exchange as i think it may be faulty. I did install old firmware a few times and one of them did make a difference but still way to short of what it should be reaching. I got about 90 metres on one old firmware but I tried a few others and it wouldn't load so I didn't want to brick the drone. Would love to keep in contact with this thread. I live in bromley just down the road from Lewisham in London so I don't know if it's all to do with the reception. But if I'm flying straight up as high as I can go then surely it should be ok for the signal...

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
i exchanged 2 months ago, they send it to DJI to get fixed, when i got it back yesterday the exact same problem occured

Exactly the same, hight is max 30 m, distance is max 40 mi
40 miles distance? Wow! Make sure you're not in beginner mode (although that shouldn't affect video feed). Regardless of antenna orientation, flying directly overhead can cause transmission difficulties. The antenna should be parallel to the legs of the AC. This means if flying directly overhead the antenna tip should be pointed almost directly at the AC.

Last edited:
40 miles distance? Wow! Make sure you're not in beginner mode (although that shouldn't affect video feed). Regardless of antenna orientation, flying directly overhead can cause transmission difficulties.
Sorry, haha. Not 40 ML but m.

I checked that i am not in beginner mode

Hi there,

I recently got my P3S. I was a bit disappointed when i took it out of the box, charged everything up etc. and then took it for a flight. I only got 30 metres of live feed. After that it said "No Signal".

I am fully able to control the quad, just not able to see the live feed. My Flight data also looks kind of dodgy. I added the Flight data as a screen shot.

View attachment 62476
Thanks in advanced!

DJI Go App version: 2.8.3 (402)
Device type: Sony Xperia Z5
Device OS: 6.0.1

Can you tell us wich firmware you use, did you update the to 1.6.8, like DJI Go app advices you?

Also are you flying in a wifi smogg area?

i exchanged 2 months ago, they send it to DJI to get fixed, when i got it back yesterday the exact same problem occured
Welcome to the forum!
To bad this is your firsts posts.

Clarification,
"i exchanged 2 months ago, they send it to DJI to get fixed"
Exchanged means you got a replacement.
"2 months" It was gone for 2 months? :eek:
"get fixed" means they repaired it, they didn't exchanged it, you got the same unit back?

What I am asking is did you every see your P3S work correctly?
And did you actually get the same unit back, remote and bird?
I am trying to figure out if actually you had the same unit twice, two units with the same problem.

Sorry for the interrogation.
:)

Rod

K
Welcome to the forum!

Clarification,
"get fixed" means they repaired it, they didn't exchanged it, you got the same unit back?

I am trying to figure out if actually you had the same unit twice, two units with the same problem.

Rod
Hi Rod, sorry for the late reply,

So, i send it to dji to get it fixed, they said it wasnt broken and send the same unit back. I was furious and demanded a new one, which i finally got (after telling them i would get a lawyer).

I only saw my new unit work like it was supposed to in the opposite side of my country.

Welcome to the forum!

Clarification,

Rod

Welcome to the forum!

Clarification,

Rod

Sent from my E6653 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1