P3S Long Range Flight set up

Reaction score
Does anyone know what set up people are using as far as antennas and extended range batteries for these extremely far flights? I saw some videos on YouTube with some 6-8 mile flights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you type in MaxUAV in the search engine at the top of the page, your prayers will be answered.

Ok, I already purchased a range booster from them. But their site does not show what people's set up looks like. I did check around other online sites before posting on here. Yes I've seen all the antenna upgrades the stores offer, but I'm just not sure how they're mounting 2 batteries or more on their Phantom and how they're doing. That's why I posted on here to see if anyone can maybe post their own set up and what they're using.

Ok, I already purchased a range booster from them. But their site does not show what people's set up looks like. I did check around other online sites before posting on here. Yes I've seen all the antenna upgrades the stores offer, but I'm just not sure how they're mounting 2 batteries or more on their Phantom and how they're doing. That's why I posted on here to see if anyone can maybe post their own set up and what they're using.

Ok, don't know how to add a link to the thread I was using yesterday but there are quite a few here with the sort of information you are after. Actually some of them are outrageous in their complexity and they include photos etc of set ups. I only suggested MaxUAV as an example, but if you type in long range mods for example and work your way through them. I have an unboosted setup and am looking at adding amps to it after seeing some of the success stories on here.

Reactions: AllDubyas
Ok, don't know how to add a link to the thread I was using yesterday but there are quite a few here with the sort of information you are after. Actually some of them are outrageous in their complexity and they include photos etc of set ups. I only suggested MaxUAV as an example, but if you type in long range mods for example and work your way through them. I have an unboosted setup and am looking at adding amps to it after seeing some of the success stories on here.

Sorry Tevek, I thought you meant the MaxUAV website. I'll go search more on this site. Thanks man

5280121dea5ee805d6cf9f10f1927fc3.jpg

Just installed my ITELITE antenna. Gonna go out and fly it tomorrow hopefully if the weather cooperates. But there was one that I saw on YouTube that looked about 4 times bigger than mines! They got about a 9 mile flight! Anyone know what antenna they're using?

5280121dea5ee805d6cf9f10f1927fc3.jpg

Just installed my ITELITE antenna. Gonna go out and fly it tomorrow hopefully if the weather cooperates. But there was one that I saw on YouTube that looked about 4 times bigger than mines! They got about a 9 mile flight! Anyone know what antenna they're using?

I bought an FPVLR set up and probably should have gone down your path. No issues with mine, but the Itelite gets a good wrap in this forum. As for the video, the guy does talk about the set up on his controller, from memory it is a super version of what you have. I was on my knees willing the drone home during the last bit.....

Although your achievable distance should improve with your mods, you won't be getting the 8,9,10 miles + distances that you have seen on YouTube because you are using a P3 Standard.
The videos I've seen with the big distances were using P3 Professionals with maxuav antenna's, boosters and battery mods to carry extra battery capacity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers