P3S lands better than P3A

Reaction score
Hopefully there isn't another thread about this. I was out flying my P3A today and after getting to a mile and a half I bottled it and hit RTH, she performed, as usual, flawlessly except when she came in to land. Now I normally hand catch but I decided not to today and I was a bit intreagued when I noticed that she does slow a little when she comes to land but nowhere near as much as the P3S I had which seemed to hover about an inch or so off the ground before softly landing. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe there's a setting for it that I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're talking about the auto land feature, then, yes, it's something many people have noticed. You should practice setting her down manually. You can surely set her down more softly than the computer.

Hopefully there isn't another thread about this. I was out flying my P3A today and after getting to a mile and a half I bottled it and hit RTH, she performed, as usual, flawlessly except when she came in to land. Now I normally hand catch but I decided not to today and I was a bit intreagued when I noticed that she does slow a little when she comes to land but nowhere near as much as the P3S I had which seemed to hover about an inch or so off the ground before softly landing. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe there's a setting for it that I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The P3A and the P3P have both been reported numerous times to auto-land harder than does the P3S. This reason why is not really known as far as I know. Most posts in each thread on the topic simply tell you to hand catch, or manually land, or turn off VPS, etc. That's fine of course, but the fact remains that the P3S autolands softer than the other models so you probably should not expect your P3A to match it.

P3A Auto Landing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl