P3S just randomly fell out of the sky

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard and it was flying forwards in the park at around 160m when all of a sudden it just plummeted out of the sky. I had full line of sight of the drone as it tumbled to the ground. It was over a quiet park and veered off towards a football pitch whilst it was falling. It landed on the concrete pitch luckily it was loud enough for the players to hear it and evade the drone otherwise it could have caused some real damage.

I just want to know is it a common occurrence for these "self locking" blades to just come loose all of a sudden. Is it a frequent occurrence for any or a certain type of phantom to just fall out of the sky? I had full line of sight so I know for certain nothing hit the drone, it's a complete mystery, has anyone got any explanations? What's the best way to salvage some money from the parts? The ESC is completely destroyed as is the gimbal.

I'll also add that this has happened once before but it occurred over a tree so only the gimbal went kaput, I managed to fix it after but ever since that accident I made sure to tighten the blades as much as possible, so there's no way they were loose prior to takeoff.

654225f5c5c55453af86c014ab78cd46.jpg
ee541fe849b8072805ec9b41e6861679.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to know is it a common occurrence for these "self locking" blades to just come loose all of a sudden.
No. It could happen if they are damaged, not installed properly, and/or not tightened by hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl