P3S: Jello, time to change props?

Reaction score
Hi, I've bought a second hand P3S, but I keep getting jello in my shots even at 1/50 and 1/100. I've took it to a repair shop and the gimbal is fine(although a tad noisy). The gimbal is fine when it's on a table, no vibrations. It's also fine on a table with the motors on, no props. If I 'fly' it around while handholding it the gimbal is preforming excellent, same with the motors on(no props) while handholding. I've also changed the 4 shock mounts. This makes me think the gimbal is good, but it's time to replace the props?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Although I do not have one, I see many people use a balancer for their props. I would just spend the few bucks and order a couple of original sets directly from DJI. Probably the cheapest way to find out if it is a prop issue.

You will also need a high quality balancing rod, specifically made for your Phantom as well. I had a very hard time balancing initially because the 1st rod that I chose was too big and heavy, so I would recommend a nice lightweight one, so that it spins easily, like this on Amazon.

Got my new props and Snake River Prototyping ND4/CP filter! Take a few quick test shots,(1/50 and 1/100, ISO100/200) there's still a bit of jello sometimes, but it's so much better than it was!

I think the footage can and should have no jello at all(from the footage I've seen online). Hopefully, fully balanced props will take it to 100%(Think I'm on 95% now, IQ wise).

New Props, ND filter today:

Auto-Exposure, sunny day last week:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20