P3S in flight chirp noise

Reaction score
I have a P3 standard It makes a very faint chirp noise when I change direction of flight. Only makes the chirp if I abruptly change coarse. I change the props but did not help. I ask Dji but they won't help unless I send a video of the chirp. Not sure how I am to video a "chirp". Anyway.... has anyone experienced this noise. I'm a little concerned it might be indication of upcoming motor failure. FYI the copter is flying just fine ...no problem except for the chirp. Any input will be appreciated

........ I ask Dji but they won't help unless I send a video of the chirp. Not sure how I am to video a "chirp"..........Any input will be appreciated

You take a video of the Phantom with a video camera (or phone) while making the Phantom chirp and send that to them.

Thanks mdowney58 for your reply. I understand what you are saying but I really don't think the chirp noise could be heard on a video made with anything I have to record with. The chirp is so very faint I can barely hear it. It sounds like a very small bird. The chirp happens each time I make the craft move with a jerk motion. In normal flying, I would not normally make this jerk movement. What is concerning is that this chirp just started recently....been flying over a year now. I'm thinking something is just starting to wear out....or something. Everything looks normal. Do you know if there is a life limit on the motors. Thanks again for your reply

I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to motor life, but I'd probably be correct in saying that everything has a life limit, and other factors such as moisture, dirt, etc. can play a role in the life.
Have you tried turning each motor with you fingers to see if any one motor feels a little different than the others?
Or try wiggling each motor from side to side to see if one has more play than the rest?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik