Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3S - How to update RC??

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by adinic, Aug 24, 2016.

1. adinic

Hello ! Exactly what the subject says : how do you update the RC? Does it automatically update at the same time with the drone 's firmware?

2. RodPad

Welcome to the forum!

On a std yes, It will update if needed, on firmware updates I had found a quirk (kind of fine print) that when the firmware said it was completed, we would power everything off. But actually what I am getting at, is maybe your supposed to power off the phantom, leave the remote on, then power the phantom back on to complete the update.

I personally refuse to do any more firmware updates, some have problems, some due, my experience was twice I ended up sending my Phantom and the remote in after a firmware update. Even after it said it was successful on the first try.

Rod

3. RodPad