P3s gimbal won't speed up

Reaction score
I took my p3s out to play around and noticed the gimbal up/down was super slow. I went to settings and changed the speed to 100. It's still super slow. Probably 30-60 seconds from straight down to all the way up. If I set it at it's lowest speed it's a couple minutes. No crashes, it moves freely when it's off and the startup calibration goes normal. I've searched and cannot find anything regarding this.

Blind guess: do an RC sticks calibration, as that also sets the range and dead spot of the gimbal dial.
Second guess: reset the gimbal settings.
Third: do a gimbal auto calibration.
Fourth: wait for better suggestions from other people.

I'd swear (it's been a year since fiddling) that there are 2 settings in there that can cause that.
Do as @120CCPM suggests and reset the gimbal settings (if it's possible) and see if it goes back to normal, then change one setting at a time, then put it back to where it was before trying another setting.

I'd swear (it's been a year since fiddling) that there are 2 settings in there that can cause that.
Yes, one is gimbal speed, which determines how fast the gimbal tilts. The other is gimbal buffer (I think it's named differently on iOS and Android), which smooths out the dial movements by introducing a lag. The latter should only affect how quickly the gimbal responds to the dial movements, not really on the (max) speed of the gimbal, but maybe if it's really low, it effectively slows down the gimbal. In any case, this is exactly why I suggested to reset the settings. ;)

Reactions: mdowney58
I'll give everything a try. Thank you for the suggestions.

*I calibrated gimbal and controller and reset all settings. It's faster but at speed-100 it still takes about 12 seconds from full top to straight down. Much better but it still seems very slow from what it used to run at. I'm going to reset the phone to original settings (before root) and try again. I'll let you know if that's the issue.

Last edited:
I'll give everything a try. Thank you for the suggestions.

*I calibrated gimbal and controller and reset all settings. It's faster but at speed-100 it still takes about 12 seconds from full top to straight down. Much better but it still seems very slow from what it used to run at. I'm going to reset the phone to original settings (before root) and try again. I'll let you know if that's the issue.
Wait, WHAT??
Reset your phone?
That was not the suggestion.
The suggestion was to reset the DJI Go app settings.

What about the dailing speed of the gimbal speed? It´s in the range from 10 to 100 %. Try to raise the dailing speed in the RC setting menu.
You don´t need to reset the phone and it´s not required to root it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik