P3S gimbal roll motor issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Andrea and I recently bought a Phantom 3 standard. I love flying it and it takes very nice videos! Yesterday it was a bit windy and I lost control of the drone. It autolanded but the motors went off and it crashed from about 5 feet. I checked it last night and it was all good, so I charged the battery to get ready for a new flight. This morning I noticed as soon as it took off that the gimbal wasn't straight so I tried to adjust the rolling from the app but nothing happened. The motor makes a funny noise, but I can feel some vibration if I try to move it. I will attach a link for a video I took. Please have a look and let me know what you think.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Andrea

yup, one of three "MAP" transistors is dead or broken off the roll motor. if/when you replace that motor it will work as it should again.

yup, one of three "MAP" transistors is dead or broken off the roll motor. if/when you replace that motor it will work as it should again.
Hi Hunch, thanks for the reply. So I just need to replace the motor or also the electronic card for it? Do you think it is something I can do myself?

Thanks

yes,
the motor. the problem is that the motor is bolted in the pitch arm ring so you will most likely
be replacing the whole thing which i believe is about $40-50 and yes you can try and do it yourself,
just need to take the gimbal apart to some extend to replace that.

yes,
the motor. the problem is that the motor is bolted in the pitch arm ring so you will most likely
be replacing the whole thing which i believe is about $40-50 and yes you can try and do it yourself,
just need to take the gimbal apart to some extend to replace that.
Thanks again Hunch. So I believe this is what I will need to buy (see attached photo). I will be using the existing control board, correct?
Any suggestions on where to get the part for a reasonable price?
Cheers

the link i sent, yes, it is for P3 A/P
it will fit just the back small phillips won't fit in the standard

and i have a used one from Standard gimbal so it will fit perfectly

let me know if you want it and i'll send you a checkout link. you are in US right?

ok then $40 for the roll arm/motor and $25 for shipping.
i just checked and that is what it would cost me to send it down under. ;)

US dollars, right? Let me check how much it would be Hunch and I'll think about it!

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic