P3S gimbal problems.....Help

Reaction score
Hi All.
As per usual around this time of year there will be lots of questions being asked and as a newbie I'm going to add to that.
I bought a second hand Phantom 3 Std and was assured that it had never been crashed or dropped and by the condition of it I would believe that. The seller did say that after installing the latest firmware the camera started to flip back up when it reached 90 degrees but thought it was a software problem.
I have carried out the firmware upgrade again but the gimbal goes crazy on power up. Video attached.
Couldn't get it to up load here.....wrong file extension?
I have done the following:
1: Replaced the ribbon as there was a very slight kink in it.
2: Carried out IMU cal
3: Carried out Gimbal Cal
4: Carried out Compass cal
5: Removed rear plate and checked D Shaft alignment

The gimbal does settle down after 30 seconds or so but the camera wants to drop very slowly, by adjusting the gimbal control upwards it does finally settle but if I go too far on any axis the camera flips back to centre most times.
I have watched sooo many videos on youtube that I've gone past the understanding bit.
If any of you kind people have any further suggestions please help me out

You said it hasn't crashed... I can see that the top part of the shell looks like it has popped out which to me is a sign of a crash
1482940922822.png

Neon Euc

Reactions: Oso
You said it hasn't crashed... I can see that the top part of the shell looks like it has popped out which to me is a sign of a crash View attachment 71790

Neon Euc
Hi Yes I can see what your pointing at but there doesn't appear to be any damage. I was thinking this was just a misaligned casing.
All the arms etc are in excellent condition and I have tried everything as if there had been an impact

To be honest their is no reason for the case not to be flushed unless it was opened or a crash, the owner may have crashed it at home from a height into carpet which wouldn't show any scratch marks but the case does make me wonder tho

Neon Euc

Thank you Neon Euc for your replies. If there has been a crash or a drop what do you suggest I do over and above what has already been done? Do I bite the bullet and send it back to the DJI service centre or do I continue to try and self diagnose?
Thanks Again
Richard4884

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl