P3S Gimbal clamp

Reaction score
Hi guys I am a complete newbie but I am wondering do I need to put the gimbal clamp back on after flights to preserve the gimbal motors or can I just leave it?
I have a lens cover over the camera.

put it back on so you don't break gimble

Reactions: Squirrel!
I would just use it when your traveling or any sort of commute so it's not going berserk on your trip. Take 2 seconds to put it on vs. replacing a broken gimbal. Also, I found a polar pro gimbal clamp / lens protector all in one that makes it way quicker and easier.

And TWENTY BUCKS?!?!?! WTF?!

Thanks, but that is for the Pro. The standard has a different gimbal base. But you already knew that. ;)
I guess you missed the description on that page? ;)

"Fits DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Pro, Adv, 4k (Updated design April 2016)"

I guess you missed the description on that page? ;)

"Fits DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Pro, Adv, 4k (Updated design April 2016)"
That's just it, it doesn't fit the standard. Again, regardless of the "description" (which is wrong), the gimbal is different and it won't work. I've already been thru the '1 size fits all' crap and they aren't for the standard.

And you missed this too:

" Question Does this not work on Phantom 3 Standard?
Answer:
Hi Matt,
This specific model is for the Pro/Adv only, It will clamp right where your wires are on the standard,
-PolarPro

And you missed this too
I rarely miss much ;)

Untitled.png

The original design does not fit the P3S (due to the arm placement).

6f72b682-4d77-456e-a4c8-bf9d89bf3530.png._CB287414031__SL300__.png

o_O That is different from the one linked to. And do you have a straight on shot? :D

It's the same product. As noted in the description, Polar Pro updated the design in April. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over when they choose to update their photos.

71AZqakf4zL._SL1500_.jpg

Yes, sir. That's the original design. It most certainly will not fit the P3S. Polar Pro no longer sells it though.

If the pic doesn't match the description, I move on...;)

Maybe @PolarPro will update their photos soon :)

Isn't the 'DJI' part just a cutout? How snug does it fit over the lens barrel? Finally, so you have to put on the lens cover, then place the gimbal lock over the lens cover? Sounds like a pain in the *** if this is the way it is done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.