(P3S) Gimbal Advanced settinigs

Reaction score
Hey Guys (and Gals)
In the IOS version of the DJI GO app, when I press the quadcopter looking icon in the middle top, I get a menu titled "Advanced Settings". If I then press the last icon before the 3 dots. I get a menu titled "advanced Settings" again with three configuration groups of settings.
I'm trying to understand all that is offered here and this is what i can tell so far:
Gimbal Pitch EXP: if I set it to zero the camera doesn't move up & down at all. Larger settings increase the speed of the camera pitch in relation to the RC grey wheel. What does EXP mean?
the upwards tilt toggle i understand.
pitch smoothness seems to do the same as pitch EXP and I'm not understanding the difference.
The PAN FOLLOW toggle is strange because when the aircraft os stable on the ground, with pan follow on, I can move the left stick left to right and get slight movement of the camera in that direction. with this switch off there is not response from the camera from the sticks.

Does any one understand this page enough to explain it. Why do we need 3 different configurations and what do each of these 4 settings accomplish?

Naim

The following video is for the Mavic, but it explains how the "Gimbal Pitch EXP" and "Gimbal Pitch Smoothness" settings work in DJI GO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Most people probably keep the "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" setting enabled since it helps smooth out the video when panning. Try enabling/disabling it and see what works best for your needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31