P3S Follow me in Airport Mode

Reaction score
Hi.
Yesterday, we took our Quad (4-Wheeler) out in the open farm field and wanted to try 'follow me' mode with our P3S. We set the aircraft up to the controller and the I Phone. All good reading, plenty of Satellites, calibrated, and the aircraft flew fine. I layed the controller flat on the back of the quad seat with a couple of towels for cushion, and bungee strapped it down securely making sure all controls were clear.

I set up 'follow me' mode, everything looked fine.
But, when riding, the aircraft followed for a very short distance, then just stopped and hovered.

I'm wondering today if I figured out the problem.
I have the phone set to 'aircraft mode'.
Does that disable something that's needed for 'follow me'?

If not, could it be that the metal on the Quad was interfering with the signal?

Thanks!

I have done follow me twice and the bird acted the same as you described both times. I don't think I had my iPhone in airplane mode, but I could've. I don't consistently turn that on. I turned around to watch as I was walking because it didn't seem to be following and saw it suddenly lurch forward. It continued like that the whole walk so I'm thinking that that's how it works.

As a side note, FYI, I discovered yesterday that turning airplane mode on restricts you from accessing satilite/google maps on the iPhone.

I've tried it twice with a p3S and both times it would do the same thing. I don't think they have the bugs worked out on it. All other modes work great so I tend to just not use follow me for the fear of a crash

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Your phone or tablet must have GPS enabled for follow me mode to work. If it is in Airplane mode GPS will be turned off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers