P3S flyers, any regret not getting the P3A or P3P?

I may enjoy it after getting goggles like fatshark. I like the idea, chiefly when on the farm. But with a mobile or a tablet is hard to see details on the screen if the sun is too bright (I live in Brazil and we have clear sky almost everyday). So for me it's pretty unusual to fly long distances. But I do it occasionally. Last weekend I went to the farm and could fly 1400 meters. It was fun but I was scared to death before I could hear the bird during RTH. I hope I can get some goggles soon...

Reactions: Gerson Luiz Standke
Started with a 40 then went to the vision which I still fly..well maybe the 4th one..and love my Standard .
I will move up but it will be to a 4K and will do so mostly for the extra stuff on the TX .
I have no want for any of the others .
Not knocking them just don't need one .

I think the P3s is great bird for the price, unfortunately mine has been hamstrung by the latest firmware or Go APP update and is a shadow of it's former self.
Prior to the update I had no regrets choosing it over the P3A/P and in any case, price was the deciding factor in my choice.
I've ordered a P4 now which will mean I have the full selection P1/2/3/4 and I'm broke.

Who'd of thought Picking up that $20 toy helicopter to fly around my lounge would lead me on such an enjoyable road to bankruptcy.:rolleyes:

Oh huge fun but I'm never going to total up what I've actually spent, no sir, not me :D
I'm with you :)
Ahaaaa keep that down will ya.jpg
She might hear me :eek:

I got my P3s for £320! Usually £450! So I got a case, adv/pro tablet holder and DBS mod for £120 total making my total spend £440!
70409c67bc6e82444edae7bb75511ca7.jpg

Yeah the range is an issue sometimes but for the price it's the best around!

I flew my Phantom today to explore a derelict lime quarry and had a blast!
046c0764b27e2128686a84eaee130556.jpg

I'm a student so this is all I can afford [emoji23] still great though considering I'm only 19!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought my P3S at Best Buy for $480. I have to admit that the P3P was whispering to me, but an extra $500 was more than I could convince the bride to accept! And, being my first drone, I'm very happy with it. Still learning to fly and if this one crashes, I'll cry. If I crashed a Pro, I'd probably shoot myself. If the wife didn't do it for me! And for the difference in cost, I can pick up some extra batteries and other accessories.

I bought my P3S at Best Buy for $480. I have to admit that the P3P was whispering to me, but an extra $500 was more than I could convince the bride to accept! And, being my first drone, I'm very happy with it. Still learning to fly and if this one crashes, I'll cry. If I crashed a Pro, I'd probably shoot myself. If the wife didn't do it for me! And for the difference in cost, I can pick up some extra batteries and other accessories.

The advanced could have whispered at a much lower cost with most of the features of the pro.

Reactions: EddieM
I ended up with a P3S in a backwards way. I first purchased a P4 as a business expense/investment for my photography business and using a corporate discount at Apple to get 10% off after considering a P3P. Was reading the manual, watching some videos and then looking for some accessories on Amazon and I found the P3S for $469 shipped out the door. Decided to get the P3S for "personal" use and training to fly the P4. A number of differences between the 2 but a similar experience. Kind of like moving from a slightly modified race car to a much more modified race car, same skills needed, but more performance. I'd much rather make a mistake or crash sub $500 drone than a $1300 drone. So far, no regrets, but haven't flown the P4 yet...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ended up with a P3S in a backwards way. I first purchased a P4 as a business expense/investment for my photography business and using a corporate discount at Apple to get 10% off after considering a P3P. Was reading the manual, watching some videos and then looking for some accessories on Amazon and I found the P3S for $469 shipped out the door. Decided to get the P3S for "personal" use and training to fly the P4. A number of differences between the 2 but a similar experience. Kind of like moving from a slightly modified race car to a much more modified race car, same skills needed, but more performance. I'd much rather make a mistake or crash sub $500 drone than a $1300 drone. So far, no regrets, but haven't flown the P4 yet...

Id say you would take the P4 on less risky flights that's all, use it for photography with less risk. Calculating risk, eg observe tree heights is the key

Reactions: bicyclenut
I had a pro for 6 months before I got the standard. The pro works fine in and around my home but the standard has a lot of interference. I loose connection and video with the standard in line of site areas where the pro has no issues even away from interference. Unless your going to fly indoors you won't miss the vision positioning, I'm think about turning it off on the pro it's more erratic close to the ground. It's been much easier updating the firmware on the pro vs standard. The controller is much better with the pro, holder, buttons, overall feel, and no throttle lock. If money is not an issue go with the advanced or pro. Otherwise the standard flys the same just not as far and interference issues. If you plan to mod for range and add a tablet holder just pay for the advanced and be done with it. I wish I did.

not so sure about that hey. Few mods with a windsurfer kit and you can be where the other guys are. i managed to buy the tablet holder as an extra. and im still in at well under hald the Pro price here in south africa.

Thanks to everyone who offered up their opinion. I decided to go with the P3A instead of the P3S, I figured that with the Lightbridge and Glonass that it was a better investment, along with the ability to add on filters easier, and the extra options on the controller. I could have saved a bit of money and do modifications but I have already gone thru that step with the P2 (adding the H3-3D, mini-osd, immersionrc transmitter etc). Right now I want to just use some of the features, and 4K and the 100w charger were not enough incentive to go to the P3P, and of course the P4 is out of the budget range right now. Hopefully the P3A will keep at least some of it's resale value when it's time to upgrade.

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
My selection of a P3S was not based on cost but rather features. I really had no valid use for P3A, P3P, or P4 features when the probability of a crash or fly away were not really ruled out by more money. I love the P3S. Perhaps the addition of Glonass would be useful but not necessary.

Reactions: flpholt
Got my Standard for less than $200 and no regret. And I got good range on this one(12000ft) so I have no complaint. I don't need features from advanced/professional.

Bought a P3P from Microcenter last week. Did a few test and it does fly better range than my P3S stock. But it is close to P3S with windsurfer. Still debating if I should return my P3P. I have 30 days to try and decide later.

Bought a P3P from Microcenter last week. Did a few test and it does fly better range than my P3S stock. But it is close to P3S with windsurfer. Still debating if I should return my P3P. I have 30 days to try and decide later.
keep it always good to have 2

Was looking at drones for more than 2 years. My target was either P3A or Q500, but prices was no joy. So was waiting. Finally the prices dropped to such level at which i could afford my first quad. Was ready to buy P3A, but after some considerations got my self P3S. Just could not justify additional functions of P3A which was not important to me. The only drawback I see in P3S is range, especially in a city. Always getting signal interference. But in open areas out of city the range is much better. Also i like to fly within legal limits so i don't need to fly very far. From my experience i would say when the bird is 250 - 300 meters from me, i can't see it.

I've had my P3S for about two weeks now and currently have no regrets. I've flown almost everyday and the range is more than enough for me. I bought it new for $399 so it's hard to beat that price. It's really fun to fly, I have no need to fly 3 miles out right now, so I will probably keep the standard for a while without upgrading! Photo / Video quality is great also!

zero regrets on the P3S. Either way I would have bought extra batteries and a case, so that cost is negated. Got the P3S for 381.00 no tax and free shipping. Bought the DBS mod because i like to make my things different, and thinker. first flight was 19000 ft. Great camera great video, shoot could not be happier !!

zero regrets on the P3S. Either way I would have bought extra batteries and a case, so that cost is negated. Got the P3S for 381.00 no tax and free shipping. Bought the DBS mod because i like to make my things different, and thinker. first flight was 19000 ft. Great camera great video, shoot could not be happier !!
Wow Tony, that's pretty good distance with just the panel .:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers