P3S Engine Starting Problem

Reaction score
From time to time I have a problem starting the drone engines using the CSC. I try inner corners and outer corners and they just wont start. I can control the gimbal no problem. My app (either dji-go or Litchi) tells me I have a good connection. I reboot the drone/controller & try again. Sometimes this goes on 2-4 times then, like magic, they start. Very frustrating at times. I never understand what I did (or didnt do) to get it working. Anyway, my question is, is there any other way to start the engine other than csc??

From time to time I have a problem starting the drone engines using the CSC. I try inner corners and outer corners and they just wont start. I can control the gimbal no problem. My app (either dji-go or Litchi) tells me I have a good connection. I reboot the drone/controller & try again. Sometimes this goes on 2-4 times then, like magic, they start. Very frustrating at times. I never understand what I did (or didnt do) to get it working. Anyway, my question is, is there any other way to start the engine other than csc??

If you auto take-off they will start on their own

Yes to all of the above!

Rod

I've had this problem as well. Do what someone said about calibrating the sticks. It will go back to normal after that. I had to do it 3x after shutting everything down but after 3rd time it finally stuck and no more problems starting engines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

You saying you calibrated, shut down / restart, and repeat 3 times?
Sounds like taking the stain out of your shorts.:rolleyes:

Anyways, when you bring up the RC-calabration screen does it show values? Like if you are pressing on one of the levers?

I forget?

Rod

Not 3 x in a row. For 3 X flying it happened in a row. It was 3 different days that I had to calibrate when I went to go fly. After doing the 3x it never happened again. Mine seemed like the stick was sticking a little to the left. If I flew it was like I was pushing stick to left a little and on the calibration screen the left stick wasn't at 0% ,it was at a few percent when stick was in middle. I thought maybe a cable was getting stuck under something so I took apart but there was nothing making the stick do that. After the 3rd time calibrating it never came back and the stick seemed fine and engines would start.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RodPad
Thank you everyone... Calibrating the sticks did the trick... Double thanks to respiBob for suggesting "Auto takeoff". When I first got my P3S that was all I ever used. Forgot all about it..
Glad you got it working but if it happens again you still won't be able to use auto takeoff either until you calibrate the sticks. I was pissed the first time it happened to me. I was filming fireworks and they were about to do grand finally and I brought it back to switch out battery and couldn't get it to start back up. I didn't know the sticks needed to be calibrated cause that was the first time it happened to me. It was a lessen learned.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers