P3S enable RTH

Reaction score
Hi guys I just got my P3S and I was wondering how to enable the RTH once I lose connection with the drone. Is this an automatic setting or do I have to enable it somehow?
I am aiming to take it for a long flight and if I lose connection I want it to RTH.

Failsafe RTH will be automatically initiated 3 seconds after the remote controller loses connection with the Phantom. If you'd like to learn more about how RTH works, you find more information in the Phantom manual.

Reactions: Pharm
Also, if it is like the P3 pro, you'll want to set the RTH altitude in the GO app. Make sure it is high enough to avoid tall objects on it's way home. The setting is in meters.

Failsafe RTH will be automatically initiated 3 seconds after the remote controller loses connection with the Phantom. If you'd like to learn more about how RTH works, you find more information in the Phantom manual.
So if I lose connection in the air it will return back to me after 3 seconds as a standard setting so I don't need to set anything

Also, if it is like the P3 pro, you'll want to set the RTH altitude in the GO app. Make sure it is high enough to avoid tall objects on it's way home. The setting is in meters.
Yes I will be sure to set that I think 50m should be good enough ;)

So if I lose connection in the air it will return back to me after 3 seconds as a standard setting so I don't need to set anything
That's what it does by default. But, if it's within 20m of the home point, it'll auto land at its current location.

Reactions: DjiGoten
Yes I will be sure to set that I think 50m should be good enough ;)
The altitude is rarely 100% accurate. Keeping that in mind, it would be wise to set the RTH altitude to at least 50 feet higher than the highest obstacle in your flying area.

Reactions: DjiGoten

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl