P3S distance w/mods

Reaction score
Hey fellow droners just wondering what everyone here is getting for distance, what mods they have and where they are flying their drones. I guess I shouldn't just say distance but how stable is your signal is where ever you fly.

I'm from Ontario, Canada about an hour and a half north of Toronto.
I did the CE to FCC hack but didn't stay after I updated to firmware 1.7.9 and haven't put back to FCC.
I have the knock off ARGtek range extender. I thought it was a legit one until I did some research and seems they don't sell the kits with black antennas like I got but it works AMAZING. My controls and video signals are rock solid and when I did a range test I got out 3999m and RTH only due to battery, could have kept going as I had great signal still. This was over a huge swamp.
When I fly out of my back yard I can get out around 1500m before video flickers and I should say I live in a small town with a Bell tower about 1000m away and a 30m wireless internet tower maybe 50m away but I don't think the Internet tower affects anything as I've tested it by flying within feet of the antennas on the tower, hovered with no interference.
d7c97e801b60f713c779b439b535a242.jpg

Fire away and safe flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just the PapaTita Mod and a windsurfer;

700m out of my back garden in a congested UK town with trees and buildings obstructing the signal

Pushed to 1700m (just over a mile) yesterday in a open area, could probably have squeezed a bit further but it was bloody cold out! Ha!

Last edited:
I'm in Ontario N.Y. usa. Right on the shore of lake Ontario and fly out over the lake often. I recently installed the DBS mod. I have only flown it once for distance with the mod. I got out 2.5 miles over the lake before RTH kicked in. I am looking to test more but the weather is not been the greatest lately.

I'm using a sunhans 2.4 and 5.8 booster and I'm around 8,000 ft to 14,000 feet over water

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers