P3S: Device holder provided is garbage. Zero for sale online.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when DJI or third party company will make a holder for the P3. The little flimsy plastic one might hold an ear of corn. If your underwater. Maybe. I'm kind of stumped here.
Side note: already tried the I 1 holder. Another 60$ down the drain. This is getting ridiculous.

What are you trying to use? I'm using a iPad mini 3 and it works fine, but at first I used an iPhone and one of the little flip out clips came loose.

Reactions: JBG
I w'd suggest DJI to use a magnetic device like the TETRAX (www.tetrax.com)... it's cheap, safe, reliable and you can use two togheter with a large screen... the holding device on the RC of my P3A is unstable and sometimes my phone falls down...moreover it hurts the volume buttons...

I w'd suggest DJI to use a magnetic device like the TETRAX (www.tetrax.com)... it's cheap, safe, reliable and you can use two togheter with a large screen... the holding device on the RC of my P3A is unstable and sometimes my phone falls down...moreover it hurts the volume buttons...
Your compass will like it!!

i am useing the stock one with out any problems.
also i am useing the ASUS Zen Pad 8.0.

I use a suction cup mount with standard tripod screw.The tripod screw side fits in the transmitter perfectly and the large suction cup sticks to the back of any device you are using. I started this when I go the Samsung Tab and it was to big for the plastic stock holder. The suction cup works on everything and it was cheap on amazon.Suction cup has flip lock, so it will not come off.

It looks like a P2V phone clip.
image.jpg

What is the issue you're having? There are lots of different holders availabe. Here's one that looks nice.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191641266541&globalID=EBAY-US

Really? What are you installing?

I have swapped the plastic to the metal inspire one and using it with no issues on a iPad mini 3. I have 4 controllers with dedicated tablets and have zero issues. If I strapped a 24 inch TV on my controller then the provided solution might be 'garbage' . I want to see what other solutions other RC control manufacturers have provided that are amazing.

Thanks all for replies. DJI made the Rc lanyard attachment too wide so the screw is subsequently too short. And until I watch mSings vid this will be the same issue for all Phantom 3 Standard pilots. No way to mount anything larger than a cell phone.

iquadtography, see my link above for modding the P3S controller. The P3/I1 tablet holder was not made for the P3S.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440343684.445161.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440343736.545878.jpg
Sorry guys for delay. I just realized another issue. The Rc lanyard attach point is beveled in a manner which makes it impossible to apply that screw straight. This is getting tough. mSing where can I buy that metal holder you sent me?

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl