P3S DBS mod poor range

Reaction score
Hi guys

First time owner here but not off to a good start :(

I have a P3S with a DBS mod but the range seems poor. I only got a distance of 242 meters and a height of 59 meters. I was have trouble with RC No Signal but I downgraded the firmware in the RC to a previous version.

I know I'd get a better range out in an open area but you can see this massive field I've been using.

I thought this would go way further than 242 metres!

Is this normal & can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160815-233556.png
    Screenshot_20160815-233556.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 357
Welcome Mike, definitely not normal. What firmware? Bye new? Do mod yourself?

Reactions: mike710_0
Thanks for your reply.

Bought it used with the DBS mod. It's about 6 months old & visually looks great. I've checked the wiring in the RC & the DBS mod is fitted fine. I downgraded the RC to 1.5.7 (1.6.8 was only giving me a distance of about 150 metres)

The quad is on the latest firmware (not sure which one)

I've seen other YouTube videos were people are flying them much further.

The only thing I haven't done is relink the RC with the quad

Btw I now have an annoying firmware upgrade for the RC on DJI GO (cuz I downgraded obviously)

Is Litchi better to use than DJI GO? I'm using a Samsung galaxy s5 btw

No need to relink if your linked your linked. Did seller show u it flying much further. In good flying area 1 mile should be no problem for u. l see u had 9 satt but doesn't tell if u were losing control signal or video or both

At 242 meters i lost signal and video. I didn't see it flying (was raining) but he showed me videos and attached an image showing a distance of nearly 2000 metres! (He was at the beach using an iPhone)

Could it be my S5 or a simple fact that I was in a WiFi hit spot?

U need to download your latest flight log to healthy drones.com then post result link here so we can take a look there. He did his 2000 w/ dbs correct? It can definitely be where your flying also

Yes he did the 2000 with the dbs mod.

Ok I've uploaded via happy drones app. How do I download & post my flight log (sorry I'm completely new to this)

Back when l got my p3s I had a phone that was causing all kinds of signal issues that to this day l cant explain. l changed devises and went from a 5 signal score too a 100. The device shouldn't have anything to do w/ signal just video but it did. Still makes no sense to me. It's worth a try to change devices.
Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Yes he did the 2000 with the dbs mod.

Ok I've uploaded via happy drones app. How do I download & post my flight log (sorry I'm completely new to this)
copy n paste link

I have the DBS mod. In built up areas I was unhappy with the range, as the mod picks up more interference. Also is very directional. So far I have made it out to 2lkm in open land. Check this youtube video
Hope it gets better for you. Good luck

I have the DBS mod. In built up areas I was unhappy with the range, as the mod picks up more interference. Also is very directional. So far I have made it out to 2lkm in open land. Check this youtube video
Hope it gets better for you. Good luck
Many thanks for that!

geeze everything looks pretty good, signal score is 100. Check your settings cause as soon as it got to 50m altitude rth kicked in. l'm gonna ckeck some things too

Can't very well check my standard rc cause l've got it torn apart. ANYBODY is there rth setting in the go app for a certain altitude l cant remember? Hopefully somebody will chime in. PROCHARGED?

BTW are u aiming correctly?

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am aiming correctly, I always try & keep the quad in line of sight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik