P3S Crash Software Bug (MAJOR ISSUE)

Reaction score
Yesterday while flying my P3S for the first time that day, it crashed for no reason. I had noticed while flying that every time the drone came to a stop in the air, it would do a half flip then right itself quickly. I didn't know what was going on, so I continued as no errors came onto my screen. It did it once more and I decided to bring it down, at around 15 feet i began to make it loose altitude, the second I pushed the stick downwards, the drone flipped and accelerated full speed upside down straight into the pavement, upon reviewing my flight logs it was approximately 40 KPH. When it hit the ground it kept accelerating, and there were shards of blades flying in every direction. I tried to do a CSC and to no avail. The drone kept going upside down. I tried everything to shut it down. The controller was still connected because I was still getting a video feed after it crashed, so the CSC Did not work as a kill switch. My mother ran past me and picked it up by the legs. She held it strong as we debated what to do. We thought about throwing it into a towel to stop the motors for long enough to pull the battery, eventually I got my wit's up to try and power off the battery, the green lights flashed and the motors kept spinning, we were waiting for the drone to die and at around half battery it stopped and I yanked out the battery. The drone was only ever crashed once out of its year life span, and that was about halfway through the year of owning it. The gimbal is no longer working. Finally I have to ask. Should DJI cover me for this incident? It was not my fault I am sure of it, will this cost me a lot?
6d125d3896931458f0102f2ba2484df3.jpg

Video of aftermath:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

with the drone held in that position, i can only guess its trying desperately to re-orient itself and level out ! as mentioned, the flight logs should tell the story of why it crashed

I experienced that same problem yesterday but it was my fault, I was flying it to my front door under trees and went from 11 satellites to 5 and experienced a compass error and it flipped and then cartwheeled through my lawn. I shut off the battery and took it for another flight and it worked just fine. Today I calibrated my IMU and compass and took it for 2 max distance flights everything worked fine. I did not hit anything to cause my crash and luckily I had my prop guards off. Other than that love the drone, I got it last Thursday and I have TRACKIMO attached to it on the leg away from the compass. I am flying the p3s.

@Jack Mackinnon,
As stated, we want to see your flight log its on your mobile device.

Were you using DJI-go?
Were you using crApple or Android?

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers