P3S Crappy Range Discovery

Reaction score
I own the P3S and I have had an issue since day one where DJI Go was reporting signal loss from the aircraft sometimes within 20 feet of it!!! I tried playing with the antenna orientation on the controller and that helped intermittently then yesterday while attempting to take off and having the usual signal issue I suspected it had to be some type of interference so I powered down my cell phone which I figured since I was in A remote location had to be the only source of interference. It worked!!! Had no more issues the rest of the day even flying the P3S almost out of sight. I landed switched from my tablet(Nvidia K1) to my cell phone (One Plus One) and the issue was back! Powered down the tablet and once again flew the drone this time using my cell phone with no issues. It appears either the controller or drone are sensitive to multiple WIFI sources. The one thing I didn't try but will next time is to fly with both the tablet and cell phone powered up but shutting the wifi off on the one I'm not using, maybe both were attempting to log on to the wifi's controller at the same time which is not a good thing. Just thought I'd pass this on to others who may have similar issues

Put the phone into airplane mode and see if that helps. There's also a setting in android to have the device look for the strongest signal, I would turn that off. Good Luck.

I own the P3S and I have had an issue since day one where DJI Go was reporting signal loss from the aircraft sometimes within 20 feet of it!!! I tried playing with the antenna orientation on the controller and that helped intermittently then yesterday while attempting to take off and having the usual signal issue I suspected it had to be some type of interference so I powered down my cell phone which I figured since I was in A remote location had to be the only source of interference. It worked!!! Had no more issues the rest of the day even flying the P3S almost out of sight. I landed switched from my tablet(Nvidia K1) to my cell phone (One Plus One) and the issue was back! Powered down the tablet and once again flew the drone this time using my cell phone with no issues. It appears either the controller or drone are sensitive to multiple WIFI sources. The one thing I didn't try but will next time is to fly with both the tablet and cell phone powered up but shutting the wifi off on the one I'm not using, maybe both were attempting to log on to the wifi's controller at the same time which is not a good thing. Just thought I'd pass this on to others who may have similar issues

Another thing to keep in mind is that Bluetooth also operates on 2.4Ghz.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub