P3S Controller LEFT stick Mode 2

Reaction score
I notice that the left stick in mode 2 ... if I move all way down, it clicks and stays full down ... is this normal ?

I think so
Mine does it too
There's a small tab inside that locks it down so the motors will shut down instead of you having to hold it down

I must admit that being a 'normal' RC guy - the thought of a throttle stick staying at mid point scares me a bit !! I assumed that it sticks down to avoid throttling up ... ??

I believe it's for landing. You put left stick all the way down, and the AC will do a controlled descent while not dropping more than the max allowed by your firmware. That way you can concentrate on steering with the right stick.

I must admit that being a 'normal' RC guy - the thought of a throttle stick staying at mid point scares me a bit !! I assumed that it sticks down to avoid throttling up ... ??
Having the left stick self center itself on a Phantom is not the same as flying a plane with throttle control of engine. I have many rc planes with engines and that would not work. I have 3 Phantoms and two of the 3 have the locking throttle at lowest position although they are the same model. I have no problems with it. When shutting down bird, I can just pull throttle down and it locks or hold stick down till props shut down. No big deal either way.

I believe it's for landing. You put left stick all the way down, and the AC will do a controlled descent while not dropping more than the max allowed by your firmware. That way you can concentrate on steering with the right stick.
I'm not going to try that and find out the hard way.
I always thought bringing the throttle stick all the way down for 3 seconds shuts the motors off which mine does.
you try it first.:p

Having the left stick self center itself on a Phantom is not the same as flying a plane with throttle control of engine. I have many rc planes with engines and that would not work. I have 3 Phantoms and two of the 3 have the locking throttle at lowest position although they are the same model. I have no problems with it. When shutting down bird, I can just pull throttle down and it locks or hold stick down till props shut down. No big deal either way.

I do have other multi-rotor so its not first .... but was surprised to see a locking stick down.

I always thought bringing the throttle stick all the way down for 3 seconds shuts the motors off which mine does.

This is one of the most predominant fears among [new] Phantom pilots.

It will not occur if the aircraft is descending. Only when stationary.

Reactions: DAD-DY and Pharm
Absolutely ^ I lock my stick down when descending from real high altitude until it get to about 30' then control descent from there. As long as your bird is descending it will NOT shut down motors

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
Yea, the 'lock' is there to reduce fatigue during long descents.

Well there ya go
Learn something new everyday
I thought it was a convienance item.o_O
I land and lock it down and walk away

I saw that clip and almost removed it
I recently bought a standard as a project and the antenna mod was messed up
Wonder why they didn't put it on the others? I have 2 P3As and neither has it

If you people didn't fly so high you wouldn't need help holding that stick down during descents. :D
zinggggggggggggg:)
actually I've descended too quickly and get the wobbly effect going
now I need to go out and try this new feature

This is normal and explained in the manual. Once your P3S has landed, lock the left stick down to shut off the motors.

Well there ya go
Learn something new everyday
I thought it was a convienance item.o_O
I land and lock it down and walk away
Yup, and while you're walking away, I grab your Phantom and try to get in my car before you catch me. ;)

No it doesn't, us who have been flying the phantom for awhile do this often. It just descends the craft, nothing bad will happen if it's in the air. If landed, then it would shut down the craft after 3 seconds.

I have to admit that I am wary of pulling stick all way back when flying - suppose its having had 'toy' quads before and also flying 'normal models / helis' for so long.

When landing - I am only needing a slight bit less than centre stick to have a controlled nice landing. Don't really fancy a ballistic approach !!

Nigel

I think if you do this you will touch down way too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.