P3S can't get distance

Reaction score
I have a P3S out of the box here in town I could get 1,100 feet at 200 feet high
what I have done
I bought ARGteck range extender kit and installed it
at this point I got 1,300 feet at 200 feet high
tried it at 400 feet no improvement
I just put it up for a while then decided to give it a shot again bought a ITELITE DBS EXTENDER
I got 1,640 feet at 400 feet high

I have read for hours on here and other places I have no clue what the problem is

I leave in Ohio close to the river I have found out there is a cell tower about 1 1/2 miles away, a AM radio tower about 3 miles from me.

I can take it out in the county but there is hills and trees no wide open places like I see videos of ( I wish there was )
I talked to some one in town who has a phantom 4 and says he gets a average of 13,000 feet in distance say places I have been trying to fly in

I am thinking I am doing something wrong in the settings or mine just sucks lol and need to suck it up and buy another one. I am just lost so any help would be great

Thank you
can add photos of anything needed

There are a million threads on here regarding signal issues with the PS3. Seems you have read them all and are aware of the usual inteference issues that can affect signal performance and the importance of antenna orientation. My old PS3 with a simple windsurfer could get 1.8 klms on a good day but much less if I moved to an area with either wifi or electrical inteference or even when the weather was humid or muggy on an overcast day.
Seems that if you have done all you can to boost the signal, there will come a point when you are getting close to having spent the equivalent in terms of moving up to a lightbridge phantom and being rid of signal loss events.
Others have tried rolling back the firmware with improved results, some have checked the controller for any loose connections and others through pot luck have just ended up with a dud. Like the chap with his P4, I bought one and boosted the RC and my only limit is the battery.

Reactions: idesign
Thank you for the reply
I have taken it apart several times to check for lose wires connections

The only thing I have not done is rolling back the firmware
I don't know how to do it or know where to get it lol this thing makes me feel stupid because I build Panasonic Toughbooks for a living and can't figure out a drone

from what I understand you just have to put it on the sim card and it will install for a upgrade but to roll it back I am lost

What kind of distance can you get with your 4 with the upgrade? Because if rolling back firmware don't fix it I am going to suck it up and go buy one. I would love to get like 16,000 to 20,000 feet that would cover my whole town in 2 flights since I live in the middle of town

Attachments

• drone.jpeg
    drone.jpeg
    636.1 KB · Views: 385
Let us know if that works. the new VER. 1.10 will not let you fly within 5 mi of a airport. you may want to go back to 1.5

I am moving it back to 1.5 now I found out you have to down grade 1 version at a time started at 1.8 I am at 1.7.8 now 2 more to go

It will not let me go to 1.6 or 1.5
I am going to do a flight test here in a few and see how 1.7.9 works can't hurt lol

Just did a flight got 1,805 feet but had to go up to 600 feet was loosing signal at 1,200 feet at 400 feet ?

Just did a flight got 1,805 feet but had to go up to 600 feet was loosing signal at 1,200 feet at 400 feet ?
You may already know this but the DBS mod (probably the Argtek, too) is VERY directional. Make sure it's pointed right at the bird. If you already know or do this, then disregard this post.

Thank you for the reply
Yes I did know that but is something always good to tell someone because it seems to be one of the few things I do know about this lol
I am about ready to give it to the neighbor boy if I don't figure it out

Ok if you look at pic you will see I crushed my record
it has to be where I live found a place about 5 miles away and got 14,569 feet at 700 feet and no loss of signal will try again to see how far I can go!!!!

Attachments

• flight.png
    flight.png
    480.5 KB · Views: 262

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan