P3S battery fight

Reaction score
Hi guys I flew my P3s today and started with 100% battery and finished flying with 52%. Is it okay for me to leave the battery with 52% charge or should I try to finish the battery ?

You can keep it at 52%. Anywhere between 30-65% is a safe storage level.

Can you tell me why this is?
It's what DJI recommends.

Also if the battery level is not between 30-65 what should I do?
If the battery is higher than 65%, it'll self discharge down to 65% as long as you don't touch the battery button. If it's below 30%, you should charge it up until at least the 3rd battery light starts blinking.

To be clear, the self discharge is AFTER 10 days of non-use.

To be even more clear, the self discharge starts after the amount of days set in the DJI GO setting below. And, then it'll take about 2 days for the battery to discharge down to 65%.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: gvsukids
But isn't the default...10 days? ;)

But isn't the default...10 days? ;)
It sure is. I'm not sure that matters though unless we're sure the OP is using the default setting. Regardless, it's good information for everyone to know ;)

It sure is. I'm not sure that matters though unless we're sure the OP is using the default setting. Regardless, it's good information for everyone to know ;)
Deep discharge is recommended after 20 charge cycles, right ?
I have a battery with 93% of life, and I have never done deep discharge. Can I increase battery life after deep discharge ? To be clear, why deep discharge is needed ?

Deep discharge is recommended after 20 charge cycles, right ?
They used to recommend it in the DJI battery safety guidelines. However, it's not listed as a recommendation in the current version of that document. In this older version, it recommends the following:

"Charge and discharge the battery completely once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Discharge the battery until there is 8% remaining power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize the battery life."

Can I increase battery life after deep discharge ?
DJI seems to think so (or they used to anyhow). As far as I know, all it does it balance out the battery cell levels. If that's the case, then you really should only do it if the battery cells are really out of balance.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
DJI seems to think so (or they used to anyhow). As far as I know, all it does it balance out the battery cell levels. If that's the case, then you really should only do it if the battery cells are really out of balance.
I had no idea a deep discharge can rebalance cells, I have noticed some small deviations develop over time, will need to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There will always be small deviations in the cells.

How
They used to recommend it in the DJI battery safety guidelines. However, it's not listed as a recommendation in the current version of that document. In this older version, it recommends the following:

"Charge and discharge the battery completely once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Discharge the battery until there is 8% remaining power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize the battery life."

DJI seems to think so (or they used to anyhow). As far as I know, all it does it balance out the battery cell levels. If that's the case, then you really should only do it if the battery cells are really out of balance.[/QUOT
I am a real newbie but how do you do a deep discharge ?

How do you do a deep discharge?

Reactions: DjiGoten
Ok so once you deep discharge you fully charge the battery again?
Yes. It's best to fully charge the battery prior to every flight.

Reactions: gvsukids

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4