p3s antennas whats best to go for

Reaction score
hi everyone i am a newbie hear and looking for advise for the best antennas for my p3s at the moment i have the argtek ones fitted but was wondering what is the best ones to go for

There are LOTS of threads here on this subject that you can find with a search.

Argek flat panels are really the best unless you want to drill holes in it and put the dbs mod in which isn't much, if you are willing to spend a couple hundred dollars, either buy the lightbridge kit for like $1000 for ultimate range or upgrade to a phantom 4, but the argek antenna is the best, also if you aren't getting the range you were looking for with the argtek fiddle with the antennas for where they are facing, you can get up to an extra 1000 feet from adjusting thise

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Argek flat panels are really the best unless you want to drill holes in it and put the dbs mod in which isn't much, if you are willing to spend a couple hundred dollars, either buy the lightbridge kit for like $1000 for ultimate range or upgrade to a phantom 4, but the argek antenna is the best, also if you aren't getting the range you were looking for with the argtek fiddle with the antennas for where they are facing, you can get up to an extra 1000 feet from adjusting thise

Some don't realize you can instill the DBS without drilling any holes, but you can't use the cables that come in the kit. You'll need to get longer ones that go from the RC board right to the DBS, no contention on the remote itself. And cables don't cost too much. I drilled mine, it's not a big deal to drill three holes in a piece of plastic.

Reactions: Matts175
I paid 112.00 for my DBS panel kit. I love the fact that it can handle the addition of Sunhans amps right behind it and attached to the DBS bracket.

Some don't realize you can instill the DBS without drilling any holes, but you can't use the cables that come in the kit. You'll need to get longer ones that go from the RC board right to the DBS, no contention on the remote itself. And cables don't cost too much. I drilled mine, it's not a big deal to drill three holes in a piece of plastic.

I understand, but if you want it to be installed properly and look correctly you will, plus the dbs isn't much better if any than the argtek

I understand, but if you want it to be installed properly and look correctly you will, plus the dbs isn't much better if any than the argtek

Agree, the DBS isn't much better than the Argtek, it's a lot better. IMO I'm pushing 4600 meters with my DBS, and that was only because my battery was getting low and I turned back. Not sure how far it would have gone if I wanted to do a suicide mission concerning the battery limitation. Don't get me wrong, the Argtek is much better than stock when it's working. But not everyone is impress with it's range, unlike the DBS where almost everyone is very please with the improvement.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
not to bothered about range just after a good quality of signal without getting week signal every often showing up on my tablet

Everything in your post is wrong.

As long as the three antenna leads are connected where they need to go, the antenna is installed "correctly." Threading three longer cables through the existing opening in the controller versus drilling three new holes is immaterial. In fact, I would suggest the former is actually better because three solid cables are less prone to signal leakage that three split connections if the fittings aren't screwed together properly and tightened well enough.

And most side by side comparisons on this forum and elsewhere have concluded that the ARGTek is really good, but the dbs is significantly better.

I say just drill the holes and be done with it. Everyone's worried about the warranty. You void the warranty as soon as you crack that controller open anyways, so might as well just go for it.

Reactions: AllDubyas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan