P3S antenna connector on controller board, MHF3 or MHF4 connector?

Reaction score
Hey all, while trying to install the Inspire 1 ipad mount, I pulled on the 5.8ghz antenna wire off the connector. While trying to remove the connector end off the board, I accidentally pulled the mount thats solder onto the board off also. Where Can i get a replacement that solders to the board?

Hello & welcome to the forum. You most likely will need to replace the board. The U.fl (aka IPX) connector is near impossible to solder on the board unless your a pro.

You could change the antenna but the ones you linked to are for 2.4 not 5.7. The OEM 5.7 is actually a pretty good antenna. It is the 2.4 pucks that are weak. I assume you need a new cable? They are siliconed on so I can only assume the cable got caught in the drill bit? Stuff happens. I damaged a wire when doing my install of the Inspire mount myself, it was an easy fix compared to what your looking at. I like a guy on Ebay, wifi_expert. They will custom make cables up for you and I assume they would have the male socket end too.

Not sure one the board, you may need to get the entire TX... they run about $100 used.

I thought I read the amazon link as 5.8ghz. My mistake.

This is my temp fix...soldered a extension right on the board to the antenna wire.
Just tried a distance test and it is being affected, wondering if its because I only soldered one of the two ground points (two ouside solder points).

I may just buy a used controller as I'm seeing them online for around $100.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 482
Hey all, while trying to install the Inspire 1 ipad mount, I pulled on the 5.8ghz antenna wire off the connector. While trying to remove the connector end off the board, I accidentally pulled the mount thats solder onto the board off also. Where Can i get a replacement that solders to the board?

I did that to mine while installing the DBS mod. I found a guy in San Diego that charged me $35 to solder it back on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 387
Just finished soldering all 3 points with the new u.fl socket! Wasn't hard to do with a fine tip solder and flux. Checked with continuity test and looks to be good. Just waiting on the u.fl to SMA cable to come in tomorrow and I should be able to assemble it back together.

Also, didn't realize how small the Anbee antenna is! Also didn't realize how small the factory antenna is too once out of the shell haha.

Much appreciate all your guys help here!

Attachments

• IMG_3332.PNG
    IMG_3332.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 509

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl