P3S and Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Anyone flying their P3S with an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet? I took it out today for the first time and it dropped the wifi connection from the tablet to the controller over and over and was unflyable :(

Happened once, just rebooted the tablet and no problems after that. Also heard that the first version of the marshmallow upgrade might have WiFi trouble, or maybe that was just for the non-k1 shields. Have you done the 6.0 OTA?

Yup I'm on 6.0 marshmallow :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

got one today went for a flight 20 min flight no problems

Mine works fine. Did you optimize it like Phantomhelp.com instructs?

Anyone flying their P3S with an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet? I took it out today for the first time and it dropped the wifi connection from the tablet to the controller over and over and was unflyable :(

brand new shield update on mine a day ago. says wifi and other stuff fixes.

I did fly today and near end of flight it crapped out , unsure what happened. the flight did sync to healthy drones fine though.

I was never able to get youtube streaming to work , but after the shield update I did last night get a test stream to work, choppy but it worked.
I was thinking update may have "fixed" this maybe for me at least

K1 is very popular with P3 flyers and many of them are still on Lolipop. Main reason is that compass is not working on 6.0. It haven't been fixed in 1.1 or 1.1 v2.

See if you can install the new update, they released it in my country just the other day.

I installed it but no change. My P3S is completely unusable. If I wave my hand in front of the camera I see the picture update once every 3 seconds and the fpv video is extremely choppy.

Are you guys using your shield tablet k1 on a P3S, or a P3A/P3P? I think it would work ok on the P3A/P3P since they use a USB cable for fpv instead of wifi. Also are you guys on Android v5 or v6?

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from flying my k1 works flawless p3s android 5

Can you try another device so you can narrow it down to tablet or RC/Phantom problem?

It works perfect on my iPhone6+ and iPad Air 2. On my Shield K1 it drops connection constantly and the live video is super choppy from only 6ft away. My shield is running Android 6.0 with the latest v1.1 update.

It works perfect on my iPhone6+ and iPad Air 2. On my Shield K1 it drops connection constantly and the live video is super choppy from only 6ft away. My shield is running Android 6.0 with the latest v1.1 update.

Only other thing you can try is resetting K1 to factory. That helped some people having WiFi issues on 6.0+

I'm running DJI go 2.4.3. Would 2.6.0 help?

running 2.6 no problems android lollipop

Restore it and update DJI app to newest. Then don't add more stuff or updates to the tablet. Mine works good on my P3A my P2V+. and FC40.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4