P3S and 4K: DJI's way of liquidating inventory?

Reaction score
Was the release of these "new models" a blatant move to shed inventory? I think DJI has some tricks up its sleeve in the camera department

How does making new and different models equate to liquidation?

And as far as cameras go, 5K and 6K are right around the corner.

How does making new and different models equate to liquidation?

And as far as cameras go, 5K and 6K are right around the corner.

The P3S is basically a like a P2V+ with a P3A camera/shell/guts sans LB. The 4K is a P3S with a P3P camera on it. Seems like a strategic way to get rid of a bunch of cameras quickly, disguised as different models. Fast food variety.

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Anyway, the Standard shares almost no parts with the other P3s, so how is it liquidation?

The P3S does NOT have the same cam as an Adv, nor is it a P2V+ in any way.

And actually, the 4K is a P3P with no LB. The body and exterior are the same. And the 4K has completely bespoke RC internals and even a different set of ports.

If you were ever to look under the hood the P2V+ is not the same as a P3S. The innards or the TX are completely different also.
As far as the cameras go, the P3A/P both use a Sony camera sensor (like the GoPro) but the P3S uses a Panasonic sensor (cheaper). I am not positive on what the P34K uses but most likely the Sony sensor.

While the P3 series looks similar, they are all a bit different.

Anyway, the Standard shares almost no parts with the other P3s, so how is it liquidation?
Same Shell/gimble/battery/camera/GPS/props/motors(?) are taken from others P3's if I'm correct.

Just wifi and the RC seems to be different (borrowed from P2V+?).

If you were ever to look under the hood the P2V+ is not the same as a P3S. The innards or the TX are completely different also.
As far as the cameras go, the P3A/P both use a Sony camera sensor (like the GoPro) but the P3S uses a Panasonic sensor (cheaper). I am not positive on what the P34K uses but most likely the Sony sensor.

While the P3 series looks similar, they are all different.

Interesting. I stand corrected

Same Shell/gimble/battery/camera/GPS/props/motors(?) are taken from others P3's if I'm correct.

Just wifi and the RC seems to be different (borrowed from P2V+?).

No, the shell is very similar but different, such as near the gimbal mount and VPS area (S has no VPS). Also, the new shell and motors were 1st intro'd on the P3S, then LATER added to the P and A. The gimbal is different as well (microSD location for ex), and even the camera on the S is thicker. RC is both internally and externally different from the P2V+. Battery and props are obviously the same, but those are consumables.

No, the shell is very similar but different, such as near the gimbal mount and VPS area (S has no VPS). Also, the new shell and motors were 1st intro'd on the P3S, then LATER added to the P and A. The gimbal is different as well (microSD location for ex), and even the camera on the S is thicker. RC is both internally and externally different from the P2V+. Battery and props are obviously the same, but those are consumables.

Well I guess I'm wrong on all counts. [emoji15]

lol, good theory tho. Apple does this all the time!
i.e. iPhone 5C = iPhone 5 with plastic body

No, this is marketing 101. Well maybe Marketing 250. Take mature tech, try to reach specific demographics (usually on price) that you observe you are not hitting to your satisfaction. The reason you can target smaller niches is that, as you point out, the stuff exists. The engineering is minimal. They don't expect to sell millions of them, just enough to make it worthwhile.

Personally, I hate this. You end up with 37 SKUs with seemingly bizarre, minor differences (Hello Dell, Hello Intel). You pretty much have to be an expert in the area to understand that and, if you've gone to the trouble of learning all of this trivia, you usually are in the target for the higher end product.

But I think Dante was wrong about the 7th level of Hell. That's where marketers go....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.