P3S Altitude Limit

Reaction score
What do I have to do to fly above the 400' ceiling?
I hear people talking about rising up to 1600 ft. How?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You need to change the max flight altitude. you probably have it set to the 120m default when you are off beginners mode I believe.

Just be aware that the 400 feet limit in the regs is there for a reason.....in some countries it is against the reg to fly your P3 higher and in others it is illegal........ :)

Just be aware that the 400 feet limit in the regs is there for a reason.....in some countries it is against the reg to fly your P3 higher and in others it is illegal........ :)

Lot's of confusion on this altitude "rule". Sorry, but you are wrong for hobbyist flights. No FAA or other US legal altitude limit for non-commercial drones under 55 pounds. As per Public Law 112-95 Section 336, the FAA may not make any such rules applying to "model aircraft", and all common recreational drones fall within the definition of "model aircraft" under that law. For commercial drone flights the FAA altitude limit is 400 feet above the ground or above any structure within 400 feet of the drone.

Reactions: Philltayl
There are times when you need to fly above 400'. If I want to get some good shots of planes landing at the airport I find the need to get slightly above their approach path for the best shots.

I know what you are going to say.... yes, I call the airport before I fly. I'm not stupid.

Lot's of confusion on this altitude "rule". Sorry, but you are wrong for hobbyist flights. No FAA or other US legal altitude limit for non-commercial drones under 55 pounds. As per Public Law 112-95 Section 336, the FAA may not make any such rules applying to "model aircraft", and all common recreational drones fall within the definition of "model aircraft" under that law. For commercial drone flights the FAA altitude limit is 400 feet above the ground or above any structure within 400 feet of the drone.
I'm curious. What happened to make you want to copy and paste this into so many different forums and old threads today?

I'm curious. What happened to make you want to copy and paste this into so many different forums and old threads today?

My goal is to allow recreational drone pilots to have more fun, and worry less by providing actual information. Many unwary people go on these sites and actually believe what people state just because people state it in an authoritative way, e.g "If you do that the FAA will come get our drones!" or "If you do that you will endanger the hobby!" and bla bla bla. As I was reviewing posts I just saw so much of this and felt that maybe if I hit many of these threads all at once I could single-handedly put an end to the influence of the hype from these preachy propagandists who want to scare the heck out people about this issue with their (incorrect) nonsense. Just look it up folks, it is all public information you can find on google. That said, I was waiting for a call and had some time to kill.

I don't live in FAA land or in the USA............ There is a world outside that.........:)

As I was reviewing posts I just saw so much of this and felt that maybe if I hit many of these threads all at once I could single-handedly put an end to the influence of the hype from these preachy propagandists who want to scare the heck out people about this issue with their (incorrect) nonsense.

Something tells me this won't be accomplished. Just a hunch.

Reactions: Philltayl

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl