P3S - 1st flight with DBS ITELITE Antenna W/ Wifi Boosters!!

Reaction score
Before I installed the ITELITE Antenna on my P3S controller I was getting roughly 900-1300 FT before losing video transmission, Although the Radio controls still worked.
After installing the Antenna from DBS Mods, My new distance I was able to go to was about 2x the distance,
And needing to make sure I was holding the controller just right in order to maintain video transmission.
the video and RC controller signal would go from FULL connection to Poor radio and "Video transmission Weak Signal" when approaching 1900-2400ft. This is what she looked like:

edi1.jpg

Now on to the Wifi Boosters......

I just purchased the Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and the 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster, DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Li-Po (6800 I know), Sunhans DC power Adapter, 3-way 12V DC Battery Pack Power Splitter, and
the Sunhans Booster/Battery holder Combo (all purchased from REXUAV on Amazon). The Holder was taking forever to come in and I myself have leaned more on the impatient side of life to say the least. Especially after all the late night hours of Internet browsing and researching that has been done. Everything came in except the holder. (says delivered but not here, opening up tracking and says intransit?)
Well thank God for 3M and their good ol' Double sided adhesive!
Connected everything up and here she is:
edi3.jpg

The Little white box with the Chevy Logo on it is a Portable Batter charger for my CellPhone.
I have a 2nd portable charger in place of my cellphone for demonstration Purposes.

edi2.jpg

20160111_155442 (537x800).jpg

I took it out for the first test flight Today and here are the results:
Screenshot_2016-01-11-15-35-40.jpg

In a sentence.... Amazing! I could have went further but I would be chancing it since I have never flown that far Nor do I know what type of battery life to expect for flight back.
I love my P3S now! Hands Down!

Attachments

• 20160111_155817 (466x800).jpg
    20160111_155817 (466x800).jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 750
  • Screenshot_2016-01-11-15-31-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-11-15-31-56.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
So what exactly do ypu need to get this distance. With out all the extra fancy stuff. Just the dbs? Or not good by it self?

So what exactly do ypu need to get this distance. With out all the extra fancy stuff. Just the dbs? Or not good by it self?

I achieved this by what i posted above... The ITELITE panel would not get that kind of Distance on a P3S without Boosters. .. I could be wrong though, unless someone has proof if it.

So this worked out well. You're getting about 10X range @ almost 2 miles, and you still had a lot in the tank with 66% battery remaining.

The terrain you're flying over looks pretty flat with short vegetation. Begin your mission into the wind, push it to 50% battery, & you should make it home easily with the wind at your back. Even if you fall short retrieval would be easy in that terrain.

Good job!

Before I installed the ITELITE Antenna on my P3S controller I was getting roughly 900-1300 FT before losing video transmission, Although the Radio controls still worked.
After installing the Antenna from DBS Mods, My new distance I was able to go to was about 2x the distance,
And needing to make sure I was holding the controller just right in order to maintain video transmission.
the video and RC controller signal would go from FULL connection to Poor radio and "Video transmission Weak Signal" when approaching 1900-2400ft. This is what she looked like:

View attachment 40184

Now on to the Wifi Boosters......

I just purchased the Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and the 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster, DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Li-Po (6800 I know), Sunhans DC power Adapter, 3-way 12V DC Battery Pack Power Splitter, and
the Sunhans Booster/Battery holder Combo (all purchased from REXUAV on Amazon). The Holder was taking forever to come in and I myself have leaned more on the impatient side of life to say the least. Especially after all the late night hours of Internet browsing and researching that has been done. Everything came in except the holder. (says delivered but not here, opening up tracking and says intransit?)
Well thank God for 3M and their good ol' Double sided adhesive!
Connected everything up and here she is:
View attachment 40185

The Little white box with the Chevy Logo on it is a Portable Batter charger for my CellPhone.
I have a 2nd portable charger in place of my cellphone for demonstration Purposes.

View attachment 40186
View attachment 40181

I took it out for the first test flight Today and here are the results:
View attachment 40189

In a sentence.... Amazing! I could have went further but I would be chancing it since I have never flown that far Nor do I know what type of battery life to expect for flight back.
I love my P3S now! Hands Down!

That's dope. I still haven't received my standard yet but I was planning on doing the dbs mod. Now I might have to do wifi boosters as well depending on how I like it after that mod. Now you need to upgrade the batteries lol how hard was installing the wifi boosters

Really
That's dope. I still haven't received my standard yet but I was planning on doing the dbs mod. Now I might have to do wifi boosters as well depending on how I like it after that mod. Now you need to upgrade the batteries lol how hard was installing the wifi boosters
Really easy, the only part I was confused on was the 2.4ghz booster, it has one input in and one output. But the Panel and controller have two separate ports.
All I did was connect one cable directly from controller to the panel, and the other port on the 2.4ghz to the booster, then booster to antenna.
And viola!

This setup look awesome, but at the price of these things on Amazon (and the DBSMods antenna package), why not just sell your P3S and get a ADV or Pro?

Pretty sure he gets better range than the either ones of those offer. Especially seeing as they have a range booster for those models as well. With the price of the standard I'd say he spent about the cost of an advanced model with better range than it offers

That's a fair point! The DBS Mods (ITElite) extends both the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz signals right? I can't find where it explicitly says this anywhere on their website, and I would think the antennas would need to be different lengths, though they look wholly contained inside the DBS panel.

This setup look awesome, but at the price of these things on Amazon (and the DBSMods antenna package), why not just sell your P3S and get a ADV or Pro?

Well, in my case 2 reason's:
This was my 1st actual real purchase of a
Drone. I seen it had a Camera, RTH, Follow Me Mode (I use to record myself drift) and the main difference was the 4k Camera. Which wasn't too much of a factor when purchasing. Didn't know what Light bridge was and it had all the basic things I wanted for significantly less.

2nd, My girl woulda been pissed I got this and didn't get her this **** Kate Spade Purse ($400.00) smh...I know, so I got both. But I like my P3S, although yes the Pro is Dope and with these mods it will go even further No prob. But battery restrictions limit us all...

Well, in my case 2 reason's:
This was my 1st actual real purchase of a
Drone. I seen it had a Camera, RTH, Follow Me Mode (I use to record myself drift) and the main difference was the 4k Camera. Which wasn't too much of a factor when purchasing. Didn't know what Light bridge was and it had all the basic things I wanted for significantly less.

2nd, My girl woulda been pissed I got this and didn't get her this **** Kate Spade Purse ($400.00) smh...I know, so I got both. But I like my P3S, although yes the Pro is Dope and with these mods it will go even further No prob. But battery restrictions limit us all...
You're not joking... I sat there on black friday with both the Pro and Standard in my shopping cart haha, but I knew the pain of explaining to my wife that I bought a $1100 drone wasn't worth it... easier to sneak by smaller purchases such as this ;)

But if I had to do it again,
My girl would be walking around with her Same bag and I'd have a P3S
You're not joking... I sat there on black friday with both the Pro and Standard in my shopping cart haha, but I knew the pain of explaining to my wife that I bought a $1100 drone wasn't worth it... easier to sneak by smaller purchases such as this ;)

Yup. Plus it really didn't help when I was at Frys electronics, they had a few P2s (yuck lol) on the Shelves (no offense to
P2pilots ) and I was looking at Advanced or Standard, and I asked the guy working there if he had any P3's in general, and he said they sold alot but he would check the back....comes back with a Standard and said This one plus one more is all that's left. I said DAMNIT! he was like what's wrong? I said now I'm gonna have to buy it...smh

Reactions: JohnJLH
I have been searching for a while,
That's a fair point! The DBS Mods (ITElite) extends both the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz signals right? I can't find where it explicitly says this anywhere on their website, and I would think the antennas would need to be different lengths, though they look wholly contained inside the DBS panel.
I have been searching for a while, don't know if anyone knows, but what are the Official Specs on the ITELITE Antenna? Can't find DB rating, or anything else but it being a bad *** antenna

How was the battery life with just the DBS mod?
The battery is going to last you the same no matter which antenna you have. But if you have better antennas and don't lose the signal you have a better chance of making it home alive

Nice I just ordered the DBS mod going to be installing later this week and if i like those results going to upgrade to what you did here. Looks good.

Got to 6000 feet with the DBS Mod with no boosters in suburban New Jersey. Still learning to aim properly and what not so at 6000 RC would drop and disconnect wifi was only missing a bar or two so I brought it back. I've only had the P3S a week so I wasn't willing to really push it my first few flights out. I noticed a bunch of big cell towers too, not sure how they affected my signal. Is it common for RC signal to drop and reconnect? At that point my video also started cutting in and out. I'm thinking I just need to practice my aiming.

Definitely going to be picking up some boosters soon too. Has anybody noticed huge difference in using one 2.4 vs two 2.4? Also the wattage? Pumped to get some more juice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got to 6000 feet with the DBS Mod with no boosters in suburban New Jersey. Still learning to aim properly and what not so at 6000 RC would drop and disconnect wifi was only missing a bar or two so I brought it back. I've only had the P3S a week so I wasn't willing to really push it my first few flights out. I noticed a bunch of big cell towers too, not sure how they affected my signal. Is it common for RC signal to drop and reconnect? At that point my video also started cutting in and out. I'm thinking I just need to practice my aiming.

Definitely going to be picking up some boosters soon too. Has anybody noticed huge difference in using one 2.4 vs two 2.4? Also the wattage? Pumped to get some more juice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I've currently got a test going starting from stock and going all through the different stages of the mods and posting numbers. BeauS has got one 2.4 and one 5.8 and is getting ready to post some numbers soon to see how just one works
This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic