P3Pro - 2.7K?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I realize many will probably say "Why?" but I was wondering if I've missed something or just don't have a clue..

I'd like to shoot in 2.7K but I don't see that as an option for the P3P. It jumps from 1080p up to 4K with no steps in between. I see where in the P3A that 2.7K was enabled via a FW update but I don't see that in P3P.

If I'm missing something please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

Ah bummer. The guys at the DJI Experience conference in St Louis Park on Saturday eluded to them maybe having it in future updates.

Funny how this happens, huh? Only an occasional thread about 2.7K on the P3P since the related threads died down shortly after the Sept 7th FW update. Now suddenly three separate threads with the same question in about 16 hours. I find that so interesting.

Anyway, I think it's kind of strange that DJI chose to not include 2.7K for the P3P. Part of me thinks that unless there is some bizarre hardware limitation, they will eventually add it even though they say no at the moment. To me, a P3P with 2.7K and 4K would be the perfect drone (value wise) with current consumer tech.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's a hardware limitation or just a corporate decision?

Could be they want to reserve that as a selling point for the next gen offering?

Funny how this happens, huh? Only an occasional thread about 2.7K on the P3P since the related threads died down shortly after the Sept 7th FW update. Now suddenly three separate threads with the same question in about 16 hours. I find that so interesting.

Anyway, I think it's kind of strange that DJI chose to not include 2.7K for the P3P. Part of me thinks that unless there is some bizarre hardware limitation, they will eventually add it even though they say no at the moment. To me, a P3P with 2.7K and 4K would be the perfect drone (value wise) with current consumer tech.

I completely agree. I love having the ability to shoot in 4K but it's not the ideal compromise for most of my projects and to be honest very few of the people I work with can handle 4K. Yes I know it can be rendered down but that's just another step that isn't needed for most projects.

It's funny you mention the (3) threads in 16 hours. I've been meaning to start this post for a few weeks now and kept forgetting. Over the weekend I shot a lot of video in 4K and made up my mind I was going to at least ask about 2.7K when I got back to my computer for once and for all LOL!

Maybe others did the same thing :)

Reactions: Oso
Yes, it's a hardware issue, not a decision. I would love to have 2.7k. I just bought a second p3p and no kind of regret it and wish I got an advanced

Yes, it's a hardware issue, not a decision. I would love to have 2.7k. I just bought a second p3p and no kind of regret it and wish I got an advanced
I was always under the impression that the hardware was the same between P3A and P3P but the FW was the limiting factor.

Now I've learned something :)

I was always under the impression that the hardware was the same between P3A and P3P but the FW was the limiting factor.

Now I've learned something :)
Me too until they announced that the reason the p3p doesnt have 2.7 is because of the hardware. Maybe the hardware in the camera is just slightly different

Reactions: BigAl07
As I wrote in the other 2.7K thread:

"2.7K is the best image setting for the imager and SOC hardware being used. Unfortunately, DJI has indicated there is a hardware limitation somewhere else in the Pro that prevents it from being used."

Both the imager and SOC fully support 2.7K. I shoot in 2.7K all the time on the GoPro Hero 4 which shares the same imager and SOC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31