p3p would not fly without update

Reaction score
went to fly today and my p3p would not show picture on tablet and camera not responding to controller, on screen it said update required so do I have to update before I can fly every time there's a new update

on screen it said update required so do I have to update before I can fly every time there's a new update
No. The update message will continue to show until you install it though.

No. The update message will continue to show until you install it though.

well that's what I thought but I tried everything I could think of to fly, yes the motors would start but no picture on the tablet and the camera was facing down and would not respond to the controller, so how can I over ride it to fly normally with info on the tablet

I have now done the update and all working ok but my problem might be that when in Spain for the winter, I go out to fly and get this message with the next fw update I'll have to get wifi to update it unless you can tell me how to fly normally with my previous update

Problems like those normally occur due to some type of software/firmware mismatch/incompatibility. What you described is odd though since it seems you changed nothing in between the time your Phantom last worked as expected. Firmware updates are definitely optional and should not prevent you from flying.

Could the app have updated itself?
Not sure that alone would stop things working though.

no, as my tablet is never connected to the net, and with the new FW it's only the AC that needed updating but the message I first got on connecting was firmware needs updating on AC and controller?

odd, if it can't connect to net it does not know there is an update.

odd, if it can't connect to net it does not know there is an update.

thinking about it I did connect to the net with my tablet a couple of weeks ago just to download the maps for La Manga so it must have picked it up then

Could be, strange though it waited so long to tell you.

I am still on previous firmware and I am not getting nagged at all.
(latest iOS). I do cache maps before flying or at least check.

The only thing i have at times is i dont get an image on tablet, i reboot app and sometimes have to reconnect usb lead before the video feed works. I have 2 apps on my tablet, go and fpv camera and have to ensure they are shut down before connecting.

well it took a long time to tell me simply because it's been crap weather here and I haven't flown since downloading the LM maps. as I said it's ok for you over there, can't wait to get back again
go and fpv camera and have to ensure they are shut down before connecting.
connecting to the net?.
so what your telling me is that if I don't connect my tablet to the net I won't get the FW update warning again?
ray

well it took a long time to tell me simply because it's been crap weather here and I haven't flown since downloading the LM maps. as I said it's ok for you over there, can't wait to get back again
go and fpv camera and have to ensure they are shut down before connecting.
connecting to the net?.
so what your telling me is that if I don't connect my tablet to the net I won't get the FW update warning again?
ray
:):):):):):):):):)
Sorry mean connecting the usb cable
And yes, it can only check when you go online.

I simply ignore the message, hit the X on the initial screen and fly. Did that last week when I went to Colorado with no issues. Speaking of which, I need to update now that I'm home.

I did hit the X on the screen but nothing happened,now after I've updated to the latest all is working perfectly and as Robin said what I'll do if it happens again is to reboot the tablet that should sort it, I recon that was the problem but if this FW works OK then I'll not connect my tablet to the net until a super duper FW comes along.

thanks Tscope.

You should be able to turn off updates to the app rather than try to avoid going online, as doing that you can't get mapping.

Mine has not been updated at all since late last year.
I see no need at this time, but generally it's probably best to update everything a couple of weeks after any new releases.

It would be much better if the nag screen did not so forcefully imply you must update even out of the box, as the process is somewhat complex and lengthy even when you are familiar with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1