P3P - What Is The Most Current Firmware?

Reaction score
Good morning guys and gals,

I have heard a lot of rumblings about firmware, and DJI GO app versions the last few months. So much so that I have undoubtedly become confused as to what exactly is/was going on with the newer firmware downloads. Do a search and there are many different things being said. And this brings a couple questions to mind.

I personally have not had any issues, and am very happy with the performance and command of my P3P. But that doesn't seem to be the case everywhere.

Can some of you guys "in the know" fill me in on what exactly went wrong? Why some folks were going up and down the list of different firmware they needed to re-download in order to fix the problems?

Also, what are the most up-to-date downloads available, and are they all safe?

Last edited:
So 1.10.90 for both the AC and RC?

And where can I find the latest version of the DJI GO app?
RC would be1.8 and Go would be 3.15, I believe.

Reactions: garbear
The DJI go app latest is on your phone or tablet just go to apple apps and update
Or google apps to update.

To find out what version you have click on DJI go then click ME then settings.

At the bottom you will see what version you have.
04e1844b1e5f16e8a50086917f579b22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Blessed77
Are there any versions that are "defective", and should be avoided?

I read some bad things about dji go version 3.1.2 (581)

Are there any versions that are "defective", and should be avoided?
Depends on your drone, basically. If it were me, I'd stick with what is working, unless you are sure an update will definitely help. Some have the latest updates with no problems and others are pissed that they updated as now they have problems. Your call.

@Blessed77 you haven't said what suite of firmware you have
Aircraft, Remote Control, GO App, iOS or Android.

Take a look on my signature. This suite of firmwares makes me happy and I need no updates. As you may notice reading other specific threads, some pilots keep running the latest firmware as a rule of thumb. Part of them realises soon or later that latest firmware versions aren't always better than the previous one. It needs time a version to build itself a good or bad reputation.
More, if you realize the latest update is getting you in deep trouble in terms how the bird is acting vs your natural expectation, but the firmware issuer blocks your legitimate option to downgrade back to a trouble-free version, you are relly stuck...
The above scenario is not just an hypotesis, but a sad reality with the latest AC FW v.1.10.90. You get there, but you cannot escape from there.

My advice is upgrade your P3P, RC and App to my suite versions.
It's a combination that functions flawlessly.
I'm sure DJI is struggling to issue a newer AC FW that will override the present one, that gave severe headaches to many of our mates.

@Blessed77 you haven't said what suite of firmware you have
Aircraft, Remote Control, GO App, iOS or Android.

Take a look on my signature. This suite of firmwares makes me happy and I need no updates. As you may notice reading other specific threads, some pilots keep running the latest firmware as a rule of thumb. Part of them realises soon or later that latest firmware versions aren't always better than the previous one. It needs time a version to build itself a good or bad reputation.
More, if you realize the latest update is getting you in deep trouble in terms how the bird is acting vs your natural expectation, but the firmware issuer blocks your legitimate option to downgrade back to a trouble-free version, you are relly stuck...
The above scenario is not just an hypotesis, but a sad reality with the latest AC FW v.1.10.90. You get there, but you cannot escape from there.

My advice is upgrade your P3P, RC and App to my suite versions.
It's a combination that functions flawlessly.
I'm sure DJI is struggling to issue a newer AC FW that will override the present one, that gave severe headaches to many of our mates.

I was running with one of the supposed "bad" version I think.

I had Android with DJI GO app: 3.1.2
RC 1.8.0
Version 1.10.90

I didn't see any issues. However I also didn't have Return To Home activated while running those versions.

After doing some research I decided to go ahead and upgrade to all current software/firmware. I took the bird out for some testing after, intentionally activating key features that had recently been under some fire. And I'm happy to say the bird acted flawlessly, passing all the tests I put her through with flying colors.

So luckily I have not had any issues with any software to date on my P3P. No matter the version.

Go 3.1.2 for Android had an issue that placed you/RC about 2 miles WNW of your true current location. If you updated the home point to your location and then RTH was activated, it would fly 2 miles away. Follow me wouldn't work "GPS weak" (meaning the phone's GPS). There was also the possibly that if you had distance limit set, it would think it was too far and go to the supposed RC location.
Fixed with later version of version 3.1.2 and next day 3.1.3 probably to avoid confusion.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

@Blessed77 glad to hear you hadn't any issues with any SW version. Could you tell us what FCC IDs have your AC & RC ?

I will probably upgrade to AC FW v1.10.90 just when DJI will release a newer version, that will prove (and be acknowledged by the market) it can fully solve the major issues many folks have right now with v1.10.90. Because if my bird will eventually act strange following the upgrade, there will be a cure too. Right now there is no cure for v1.10.90...

Last edited:
Like so many others I say don't update if it works good now. I told myself that yet I still fell into the trap of updating to 1.10.9 and now my drone is bricked and back at dji getting looked out. Some have had success but others have not...

Im still on iOS go app 2.8.9, rc 1.6, firmware 1.8. No issues whatsoever! Am not going to update anything. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Using iPad mini2.

Im still on iOS go app 2.8.9, rc 1.6, firmware 1.8. No issues whatsoever! Am not going to update anything. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Using iPad mini2.

I used to have that very same setup and it worked flawlessly...kick myself I ever updated[emoji45]

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I have tried downgrading just the RC firmware at one point from 1.8 to 1.6, saw no improvement.
I can't see the app have any effect in signal, though there could be a change in how low signal is reported.
If I get ambitious, may try reeling back to what it all was back to what it was during Thanksgiving and test.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20