P3P or P3A?

• P3P - 4K

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • P3A - 2.7K

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
I bought a P3A because the standart today is 1080P, my pc is not very capable Of editing in a good flow 4K vídeos and also because 4K from P3P isnt that good. Also dont expect to have perfect 2.7K in the P3A, since it probably a software made upgrade and probably the bandwid is low for 2.7K.

The money diference i got my self another batery.
Of course the 4k will look like crap on your pc that you stated isn't very good. Try viewing it on a 4k TV or high end computer that can manage the graphics processing power and it will blow your mind. My P3P shoots the best 4k video I've seen, and as much as I hate to admit it, it even looks better than my GoPro Hero 4 Black when comparing both shooting at 4k 30FPS.

Buy the pro and don't look back. If you want to upgrade every year, then buy the advanced. Either way both models are great, but nothing compares to the 4k video put out by the pro. Simply stunning to say the least.

Sounds good! I think the pro will be good cause I will only want to upgrade after a couple of years and my computer can handle and edit 4K! Still very undecided but leaning towards the pro

I believe the pro can lock on to more gps signals too, making navigation a little more reliable. GLONASS satellites if I remember correctly.

I have a pro and if the standard had 2.7 at the time I would have bought that instead.

By time there is common hardware that edits and views 4k easily the P4 will be out and our P3s will look like toys.

I normally like to buy the best model available but unless I am doing a lot of post editing where I am zooming and panning 4k has no value to me.

When I ordered my P3P I was set that it was the best decision. Then a few weeks later I met a guy with an Inspire.. and VERY quickly realized I made a bad decision. So I will likely have an Inspire 2 when it comes to be.

I believe the pro can lock on to more gps signals too, making navigation a little more reliable. GLONASS satellites if I remember correctly.
That is true.
Even though the P3A and P3P use the same GPS modules, the gold stickers absorb better GPS signals. This is due to gold being more conductive than silver or chrome red stickers.

Reactions: Haken and rrmccabe
Not true ... GPS is the same for both.
The only difference between the Pro and Advanced is the camera (and gold stripes)
Everything inside the Phantom is identical.

Not true ... GPS is the same for both.
The only difference between the Pro and Advanced is the camera (and gold stripes)
Everything inside the Phantom is identical.

I think it would be a valid argument for P3S vs P3P/A from what I am told.

Isn't true 4k around 100 Mbps ?

IMHO, this is correct. You need about 100Mbps to get a meaningful 4K. The P3P and H4B both max out at 55~65Mbps or so. Many agree, it is just not enough to make 4K worthwhile.

There are comparisons of P3P 4K down-sampled to 1080p and P3P 1080p and they are indistinguishable in most cases.

Given the bandwidth, 2.7K is the ultimate in-camera resolution for both P3P and H4B. On the H4B, you get it at 65Mbps which is enough to make even complex shots of grass or water come out clean and clear.

I bought a P3A because the standart today is 1080P, my pc is not very capable Of editing in a good flow 4K vídeos and also because 4K from P3P isnt that good. Also dont expect to have perfect 2.7K in the P3A, since it probably a software made upgrade and probably the bandwid is low for 2.7K.

The money diference i got my self another batery.
Nothing wrong with the 2k7 from the P3A. I have 2 of them now.
Just have to make sure you can get the exposure down to the optimal speed for the frame rate.
In my case, it is 1/50th, for a 25hz frame rate. In bright light I have polarised+32nd on the filter ring.
Makes for very smooth motion. Transforms well down to Avi, mp4, mov good colour.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub