P3P vs Inspire1

Hmm OK but Bad Elf uses the iPad lightning connector port? It says there is a pass through but will it work for the video?
If it's pass-through, I'd think so or it wouldn't really be pass-through :)

If all I want do is use the iPad Air (wifi only) as a "monitor" for the app will that not work?
Surely if the P3 sets its HP at take off then unless you use DHP why would the iPad need GPS.

You'd have to use a bluetooth GPS unit with the iPad since I'm pretty sure most Lightning ones only allow power through, not the data you'd need to allow for the Pilot app.

It's not rocket science to figure that the P3P is pissing off a few Inspire 1 owners, I just passed my UAV licensing and was about to buy an Inspire 1, but for obvious reasons I will save the money and get the P3P, the added features that the Inspire 1 has do not offer me much advantage. However, I do wonder what the camera's real world results will be in comparison.

Why is everyone interested in "Inspire" bashing?

I own a Inspire 1 and several Phantoms with lightbridge technology. I love them both, Now the phantom 3 has come out I have ordered one. I may end up finding that the phantom 3 is a compromise on size, portability and cost but that does not mean I don't love my Inspire 1

The Inspire 1 is a beast to fly compared to the Phantom 2. Inspite of everybody wanting to believe that the Inspire 1 owners are a bunch of disgruntled flyers the majority are a very happy bunch of fliers. We have been used by DJI to 'beta test' but I for one am happy as it enables the technology to trickle down. I look forward to the Inspire 2 and 3 ...
You are delusional.

Count me among the countless seriously pissed off and disgruntled Inspire 1 owners. And from what I've read online we are in the majority. In fact, even if they were the same price I would prefer the P3 over the Inspire. But I ended up paying twice what the P3 costs to get the Inspire.

You are clearly in a different category than most people. You have several Phantoms equipped with lightbridge and an Inspire and are getting a P3... Most pilots do not have the luxury of having a fleet of drones or unlimited funds to buy said drones. Most of us have one drone. If we're lucky we have two. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who bought an Inspire would have opted for the P3 if we had the choice. Especially given the difference in price.

The only time an Inspire really has an advantage over the P3 is if you have a dedicated camera operator.

And let's not forget that the P3 actually has a number of advantages over the Inspire, and these advantages do not require a second operator. So if you're a one man operation or a hobbyist the P3 is actually better than the Inspire.

There are no words to express the level of pissed off that I am. In the long run this might hurt DJI. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be very gun shy about buying any new products from DJI. From now on I'll wait a good long while to see if something better comes out for half the price. Lesson learned.

Have i missed something or are Inspire 1 owners not now going to be completely pissed off with the release of the latest P3. Those transforming legs are now costing circa 2k? OR are there other features with the Inspire 1 that the phantom does not have that ive missed!

Note- I'm pitching the inspire 1 with 1 controller against the P3Pro for the purpose of this comparison/discussion.

Guys

As a phantom 2 , phantom 2 vision + , parrot bebop , inspire 1 owner i can honestly say the inspire kicks *** . Besides better response when flying , faster speeds , easier landing , better camera , better handling , 360 camera view , fliter replacement options , more lifting capacity , wicked looks , stability in strong winds , possible camera mods .i dont mind the fact that i paid 1.5 k more ! Hummer h3 is a hummer but it does not compare in the least way to its big brother !!!! This one is for the inspire dudes . Lots of guys happy now that they have the hummer h2 , but still wish they could afford the big brother !!!

Guys

As a phantom 2 , phantom 2 vision + , parrot bebop , inspire 1 owner i can honestly say the inspire kicks *** . Besides better response when flying , faster speeds , easier landing , better camera , better handling , 360 camera view , fliter replacement options , more lifting capacity , wicked looks , stability in strong winds , possible camera mods .i dont mind the fact that i paid 1.5 k more ! Hummer h3 is a hummer but it does not compare in the least way to its big brother !!!! This one is for the inspire dudes . Lots of guys happy now that they have the hummer h2 , but still wish they could afford the big brother !!!
Nobody here is saying the phantom 2 , phantom 2 vision + or parrot bebop is better than the Inspire. But the P3 just might be better and for half the price.

According to the specs, it sounds like the P3 might have better response when flying than the Inspire. Not sure if the Inspire flies faster than the P3 but I know the P3 can fly about 50% higher.

The P3 has the same camera and I'm sure will have the same filter options.

Lifting capacity is pretty irrelevant to most. I don't know what I would try to lift with the Inspire.

Wicked looks? I'm sorry but the P3 looks fine and I'd be perfectly happy paying $1.5K less for it even if it was fugly.

The only advantage the Inspire really has is the 360 camera view and that is IF you have a second person manning the camera. Plus the P3 has some of its own advantages over the Inspire...

Making parallels between Hummer models and DJI drones is just silly. Anybody want to compare bite size vs King size Snickers bars to DJI drones? Doesn't make any more sense than comparing to Hummers.

I am glad you have the qualifications to diagnose me - how much do you charge per hour for your expertise uscpsycho?

Just because you are pissed off with your Inspire does not mean I have to be pissed with mine.

How will you know if the P3 will piss people off. I love the Inspire but prefer the P2 for its compactness. I am hoping the P3 will be a compromise.

There are many happy Inspire fliers who are delusional and fly locally - maybe you just don't smoke what we do.

You are delusional.

Count me among the countless seriously pissed off and disgruntled Inspire 1 owners. And from what I've read online we are in the majority. In fact, even if they were the same price I would prefer the P3 over the Inspire. But I ended up paying twice what the P3 costs to get the Inspire.

You are clearly in a different category than most people. You have several Phantoms equipped with lightbridge and an Inspire and are getting a P3... Most pilots do not have the luxury of having a fleet of drones or unlimited funds to buy said drones. Most of us have one drone. If we're lucky we have two. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who bought an Inspire would have opted for the P3 if we had the choice. Especially given the difference in price.

The only time an Inspire really has an advantage over the P3 is if you have a dedicated camera operator.

And let's not forget that the P3 actually has a number of advantages over the Inspire, and these advantages do not require a second operator. So if you're a one man operation or a hobbyist the P3 is actually better than the Inspire.

There are no words to express the level of pissed off that I am. In the long run this might hurt DJI. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be very gun shy about buying any new products from DJI. From now on I'll wait a good long while to see if something better comes out for half the price. Lesson learned.

The best advantage of the phantom 3 vs the inspire is the portability.

The best advantage of the phantom 3 vs the inspire is the portability.

Agreed with you George. Much easier in remote locations. I've had to haul a Pelican about 2 miles through sand. Not fun.

As for looks- it's a tool, not a jewel. If you're into looks more power to you- but for me at least, if it gets the job done, that's what's important. Sure the I1 is a more "pro" looking unit but if you really want that "look" then one should really look at a hex or a heavylift.

The other thing is that the P3 will fit into the micro-UAS category in the NPRM- something to consider.

Reactions: gppms
I am glad you have the qualifications to diagnose me - how much do you charge per hour for your expertise uscpsycho?

Just because you are pissed off with your Inspire does not mean I have to be pissed with mine.

How will you know if the P3 will piss people off. I love the Inspire but prefer the P2 for its compactness. I am hoping the P3 will be a compromise.

There are many happy Inspire fliers who are delusional and fly locally - maybe you just don't smoke what we do.
My delusional comment wasn't mean with respect to you loving your Inspire. You are free to love it if you do.

What I was referring to was when you said "Inspite of everybody wanting to believe that the Inspire 1 owners are a bunch of disgruntled flyers the majority are a very happy bunch of fliers." I think this is delusional. So far, based on what I've read online, the majority of Inspire 1 owners are disgruntled. We were a bunch of happy fliers until we realized we just got seriously fleeced by DJI.

Agreed with you George. Much easier in remote locations. I've had to haul a Pelican about 2 miles through sand. Not fun.

As for looks- it's a tool, not a jewel. If you're into looks more power to you- but for me at least, if it gets the job done, that's what's important. Sure the I1 is a more "pro" looking unit but if you really want that "look" then one should really look at a hex or a heavylift.

The other thing is that the P3 will fit into the micro-UAS category in the NPRM- something to consider.
Not just that but what a serious PITA to have to dismount the camera and put it into travel mode every time you're ready to pack up. And vice versa to set up. Sometimes I fly the Phantom just because I don't want to deal with the setting up the Inspire. The existence of the P3 is seriously starting to make me hate my Inspire. And hate DJI for selling it to me at double the price.

Also, if you're flying indoors which is one of the big advantages of the I1 and P3, the P3 is way more suitable in most indoor situations.

OK fair enough - I see your point. There is a lot of anxiety. I truly love the Inspire and think that the P3 will be a complement rather than a threat to the Inspire. I however see that in time the Inspire 1 will drop in price now that the P3 is so aggressively priced. DJI would have thought long and hard about pricing..

My delusional comment wasn't mean with respect to you loving your Inspire. You are free to love it if you do.

What I was referring to was when you said "Inspite of everybody wanting to believe that the Inspire 1 owners are a bunch of disgruntled flyers the majority are a very happy bunch of fliers." I think this is delusional. So far, based on what I've read online, the majority of Inspire 1 owners are disgruntled. We were a bunch of happy fliers until we realized we just got seriously fleeced by DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj