P3P Video to Apple TV HDMI?

Reaction score
I am teaching a cadre of middle-school students about UAVs. They are learning to fly sport drones, to engineer UAVs with a 3D printer (Fall 2016), program autonomous drones and exploring the controversy that us UAV pilots are embedded in. We have 4 sport drones, 2 sport drones with altitude hold, one FPV mini drone, a BeBop v.1 and a P3P.

My classroom has a large smartboard with an Apple TV that uses HDMI to broadcast video via a ceiling mounted projector. The Apple TV is using the projector's HDMI port. Is there a way that my P3P/iPad Mini 2 or Galaxy S7 Edge could send its video to my Smartboard via my projector/AppleTV?

My God, what I could teach these youngsters if I could project near-real time video from the P3P into my classroom. There's got to be a way - perhaps I've just overthought an obvious solution?

Ideas?

Oh ... if this helps, we have an Apple network so AirDrop is available for those that know this utility. ... Really need to get this together! Perhaps their an app? Screen recording with iOS is a nightmare unlike Android based devices.

It's quite simple... just AirPlay mirror your iPad screen to the Apple TV.

Ummm my Appletv is in my school/ classroom and I'd be some yards away outside ...

Ummm my Appletv is in my school/ classroom and I'd be some yards away outside ...
Should still work if your school's WiFi reaches outside. There will be some lag, but as long as you fly using the iPad but the kids watch on the SmartBoard, you should be fine. Try and see if you get strong WiFi where you plan to fly.

Should still work if your school's WiFi reaches outside. There will be some lag, but as long as you fly using the iPad but the kids watch on the SmartBoard, you should be fine. Try and see if you get strong WiFi where you plan to fly.
I'd be a little worried about interference with the operation of the P3. While the P3P/A no longer suffer from the same problems as the P2-P3S/4k, wifi interference is still a real concern especially if you are flying some distance away. Not saying its a no go but I would fly very low and test it first otherwise you might be broadcasting a drone death to your students.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl