P3P video signal issue at startup?

Reaction score
Guys,
I have a issue I would like to run by you all. As of late (really has been an issue since day 1) when I start my P3P up about 75% of the time I do not get a video signal and no gimbal control on my RC. I have had my P3P for about a month now and have over 50 flights on her. Whether I use DJI Go and or Litchi flight software, it does not matter I still don't get video or gimbal control about 75% of the time. Basically I let the IMU warm up and then get the ready to fly P GPS green light in fight software and solid green light on the front of the bird, but no video signal (black screen with DJI logo when using DJI GO). I usually have to reboot several times before I can ever get a video signal and full gimbal control. Once I get the video signal and gimbal control I have no issues during the flight. It only happens when I try and start or restart (multiple flights) the bird. I have tried everything I know of and nothing seems to work. Yestreday I started from scratch to see if I could fix the issue using msinger's thread found here . I re-downloaded new P3P firmware (left .bin a root of sd card with no other folders) loaded P3P and turned the bird on. I waited several minutes, got solid green light on front of the P3P. I then checked the sd card on my computer and it showed software same as software already loaded on P3P. Basically installation was successful. I then re calibrated IMU (cold), re-calibrated compass, re-calibrated gimbal. After first restart of the quad video signal and gimbal control worked but when I shut it down and tried to restart again I got the dreaded black screen and no gimbal control. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (with WIFI shut off and airplane mode on) so I don't think its a interference issue although it sure acts like its a interference issue. Please note that this issue happens in many different flight location including at my ranch in the Texas Hill Country where no wifi signal exist for miles. At my house in town I have even played with and looked at the Image Transmission settings in the DJI GO app. It shows that channel 17 has the most stable quality so I tried to use it. I even tried setting my channel to auto but after many attempts I still have no video signal and or gimbal control about 75% of the time I start the bird. I have educated myself on the phantoms through these forums for months before I even purchased. I have searched for a fix to this issue here and nothing I have found works. Please advise. Thanks!

Double-check that all of your camera/gimbal cables are seated properly. It wouldn't hurt to disconnect and reconnect them. If that does not help, then you might want to open up your Phantom and inspect the cables. I saw another post recently where someone had a similar problem -- and, the problem was caused by a pinched/worn cable.

Double-check that all of your camera/gimbal cables are seated properly. It wouldn't hurt to disconnect and reconnect them. If that does not help, then you might want to open up your Phantom and inspect the cables. I saw another post recently where someone had a similar problem -- and, the problem was caused by a pinched/worn cable.
Thanks msinger.....I will check all wires to insure proper seating tomorrow. I flew again this afternoon and had to reboot 3 times before I gained a video signal.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl