P3P video quality

Reaction score
So today was my first flight and after downloading the video to my computer I watched the videos. All were choppy and discolored at the top. Everything was on stock settings. Two videos at 4k and 4 at 1080p. Anyone know what might be going on? I have a high end computer so I don't think that is it. Maybe try the video on a different device? I'm new to having a drone so any help is greatly appreciated and needed! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to see what you mean, maybe upload a short clip to YouTube so we can see?

Reactions: 750r
Try a different memory card ? What card are you using ?
Like above short clip will help .

Using the Lexar that came with it. Put the videos on my phone and it's only choppy. I'll put a video on YouTube now.

So today was my first flight and after downloading the video to my computer I watched the videos. All were choppy and discolored at the top. Everything was on stock settings. Two videos at 4k and 4 at 1080p. Anyone know what might be going on? I have a high end computer so I don't think that is it. Maybe try the video on a different device? I'm new to having a drone so any help is greatly appreciated and needed! Thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Somehow it plays fine on YouTube. I have an AMD 3.0 6-Core with 16GB RAM and a EVGA 970GTX video card. On my computer it has multi colored lines at the top and on my phone its only choppy but clear video. Note 4. I'm at a loss.

amused2, just looking at the playback of youtube, you have it set to 50, which is PAL. I don't now what country you are in but if it's usa your frame rate should be 24.30 or60fps. 4Kfps. is 24 or 30. Choppy video is probably slow data rate. I think the problem is in your computer set-up. Make sure you can handle 4K 30fps first.

Cool, thanks bro! I'll have to try that. My settings didn't have a 60fps option on 1080p. Just had 24 or 50. Will try it Thurs.

So I watched the videos in QuickTime and it was choppy n multicolored at the top but if I use VLC player they play smooth and look great. Anyone know why? What can I change? Codecs corrupt?

The choppiness is most likely caused by (too) high shutter speed. You could most likely benefit from ND (neutral density) filters.

[Deleted content]

[Moderator edit: Selling is allowed in the classifieds.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Trumple
So my 1080p options are 24, 25, 48 and 50. I thought it was supposed to get 60? If there is a NTSC/PAL option, where is it? I'm in the US and on android which has only 1/4 the options that iOS does.

So my 1080p options are 24, 25, 48 and 50. I thought it was supposed to get 60? If there is a NTSC/PAL option, where is it? I'm in the US and on android which has only 1/4 the options that iOS does.

Yes, there is a NTSC/PAL setting. Hit the Camera Settings button (above the Shutter Button), hit "More" and scroll down. There you can select either NTSC or PAL. And you need NTSC for 30/60 FPS.

Remember; you have to be connected to the Phantom 3 in order for you to change and keep the settings.

I'm on iOS, but I am pretty sure THAT part is also in the Android app! :)

So let it be said: download the app from DJI and not the Google store. Different for some reason although they are both the same version. I now have the NTSC/PAL option and more.

So let it be said: download the app from DJI and not the Google store. Different for some reason although they are both the same version. I now have the NTSC/PAL option and more.

And now the version on the play store is a more recent version. Uninstall the old one and download from the store.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic